Chapter 22

*this is what Sophie is wearing now. Art done by me

Zane P.O.V

What's the fastest possible way to win? Or at least get out of here without having to fight.

"C'mon you little girl! Show yourself already! Or do we have to kill someone?" John calls out.

Poor Sophie...we have to make sure that this doesn't get to her.

"Why don't we just kill one of them? It'll make everything easier," Kate suggests. Ice forms around my hand as I prepare myself to freeze those 2. But Miranda has already beat me to it.

"You won't kill anymore people! I'll stop you both...even if it's the last thing I do!" Miranda snaps at them. I can't see her face so it's hard to tell where the other 2 are. I hear a bang.

Before I could even blink, I look around and realize that we all had formed a semi-straight line, protecting each other. Sophie in front. Isn't that dangerous? She's not fully trained yet! We don't even know how's she's gonna react to them either...

"I'm here now. Please don't hurt anyone," Sophie says. Her entire self in front of all of us. "Wow. You're an ugly one. I can't believe she's our daughter John," Kate shakes her head. "Yeah. We both are good looking so I don't get how you could turn out to be so hideous and disgusting," John shakes his head too. They have no shame do they? Such vile monsters.

Sophie didn't move though...and this worries me. They can kill her easily now and I don't think any of us can move fast enough to save her if they did strike.

"There's no fun in that now is there? Nope. Besides, like you've heard us mention. We love the torture process," an evil smile spreads across Kate's face. "Oh the hell we can put anyone through, it's amazing really," John adds. Sophie still hasn't moved a step. The way Kate and John were tensing up a little made me feel like they were gonna attack soon. "They're gonna make their move, be ready," I whisper.

The do move. Towards Sophie, who then gets covered by Sensei, who blocks the attack. "Let's go ninja!" Lloyd yells. I start to run from my point to join the others. Kate and John were trying to get to the other 4. (Misako, Miranda, Wu and Sophie) I iced the ground, as Cole raises the earth to cut them off.

"Did we get them?" Jay asks. Looking at the still rock. It starts to shake, then blows up. I block the attack with an ice shield and try to push through. "Ugh! They don't have any powers! What are they using against us?!" I question the air. Once I can see, all of us are surrounding Kate and John.

"It's simple. We use potions," John says with a shrug. Not caring, I attempt to freeze them. The ice melts once it touches them. "Hehe. Frustrated yet?" Kate asks me. "As if I'll be frustrated from people like you. I'm actually more disappointed in people like you two," I roll my eyes slightly. Gee, I'm turning into my friends...

"Come at us all you want! We have the counter attack for every element there is!" John boasts. "Like that'll do anything!" Lloyd yells and attacks them at full force. We all rush over and attack with full force too. While breathing heavily, (it's been a while since we've had to fight anyone for real) the smoke clears away, reveling the couple with a force field around them with triumphant smirks. "Curse them," Kai growls. "Kai! Language!" I scold him. "Now's really not the time for this," Kai says. Just because you're in battle doesn't mean you can say stuff like that!

John somehow managed to escape from our sights. I turn slightly and see him battling Sensei and I can't see anyone else. "We've fought all of the elemental masters! We know everything about them!" Kate brags. "Not sorry to break the news to you, but we're different!" Jay counter attacks and manages to shock her with his lightning. In this state I decide to freeze her...but Kai also had a similar idea and his fire ended up melting my ice. "Sorry Zane!" Kai calls out. "It's fine!" I call back. How can I beat Kate?

With a swift punch, I mange to strike her down. Nya knocks her out cold with a hit on the neck pressure point. "Nice. I see you remember the where the pressure points are," I compliment Nya. "Thanks Zane. It's was you who taught me them, along with Sensei," Nya smiles lightly.

"Nya lo-" I get cut off with John blowing Nya straight to a tree. In a split second he took Kate and left. "How?!" I mumble to myself as I rush over to see if Nya is okay.

"I'm fine. I'll get that bastard back," Nya's hand from a fist. "Everyone okay?" Miranda asks, coming up to us along with Misako, Sensei and Sophie. "I-I'm sorry you got hurt Nya! I should've done something..." Sophie's voice trails off. "It's not your fault, I let my guard down," Nya shakes her head. "But I should've helped you guys," I hear Sophie mumble. "For now we should be glad that no one got injured, or hurt," Misako says. "They were playing with us..." Miranda says fearfully. "You mean that isn't what they can do at full effort?" Cole asks. "Yes...they were messing with you..." Miranda answers. She looks at all of us and frowns. "They're gonna need some counter attacks against potions," Misako says to Sensei.

"So they were potions?" Lloyd asks as we head back to the Bounty. "Yes. They were used more commonly used 100s of years ago. The art of potions is long forgotten. I don't know how they learned it or even get ingredients for it," Sensei starts to explain. Potions. I run a quick search. Little to nothing shows up about it. "Cyrus Borg has touched the topic in one of his researches," I say. "Maybe he could give us some info on it?" Cole questions. "He should be able to," Jay answers.

"Look like we're going to go to Cyrus Borg, but after I tell you all something," Sensei says.

What does he want to tell us?