Chapter 23

Kai P.O.V

Is Sensei hiding something else that we don't know about? Oh who am I kidding?! Of course he's hiding something!
I look at Sensei, wanting to know what he wants to say.

"There's no point in going to Borg. He won't know anything," Sensei says.

"But he did the research and all...he should be able to tell us something," Zane argues. "I agree with Zane! Cyrus Borg is really smart. So there's bound to be something he found out," Jay agrees. "Being smart has nothing to do with this. Even smart people can't do anything without having information," Miranda says. Is this really what Sensei wanted to talk about? I doubt it, there's gotta be something more. I tilt my head back and sigh. Kate and John had their chance to kidnap Sophie, but they didn't. Which only means that they have something bigger planned...or we just got more powerful. (Which I highly doubt since we didn't really 'beat' them) Why can't we just have some peaceful days in Ninjago?

Wait.

I completely forgot that Sophie is the daughter of those 2. I wonder how meeting her parents for the first time has affected her...

I look back and Sophie chatting with Nya. She seems fine, or I'm just really bad at reading human emotions. She'll be fine with Nya. I don't need to worry.

"You see...potions are different than elemental powers and technology. It's a whole different concept. Its difficult to crack the code of what makes a potion a potion. The ingredients for making one are ridiculously rare or just don't make any sense. When mixed, the don't even make a potion. At least, not until the user 'enchants' it," Sophie explains. Adding air quotes to the word 'enchants'. "Enchants?" I question. What do you mean by it?

"I'm not too sure about it, but I'm sure there are some books around that could tell me," Sophie answers, looking in Cole's direction. "I can help. If you want..." Cole's voice trails off, as he runs his hand through his jet black hair. "We all could help," Lloyd chirps. "I'm not really a big fan of reading, can I pass?" I ask. I really don't want to read about this boring crap. "I appreciate the help, but I...I..." Sophie bites her lip. "If you want to say no to the help then just say so. We won't be offended or anything," Jay says. That's what she's having trouble saying? Either she's that kind or that-oh forget it.

I decide to train once we get back. With our powers we should've been able to beat them but we couldn't.

"We've faced all the elemental masters before!"

That makes me nervous...and a bit scared.

I punch the dummy with my fist on fire. The dummy has a burn mark and flies backwards. I smile, satisfied.

WHACK!

"Ow!" I groan and rub the back of my head. Laughter fills the area and I roll my eyes. "Dummy 1, Kai, 0," Lloyd laughs. "Ugh, you guys are annoying," I sigh. I grab my sword and start to practice some moves with it.

"Alright ninja, listen up!"

I turn around and see Miranda coming from the inside of the Bounty. "Wu is off training Sophie so he's asked me to help train you 6," Miranda explains. "I don't really think we need any help..." My voice trails off. We can train in our own without help. "I'm fully aware of that. But you can't learn something new if you've never even heard of it," Miranda replies. "What are you talking about?" Zane asks. I'm interested. "Power combining," Miranda answers.

"Me and Jay have done that before!" Nya chirps. Done it before where? On the Dark Island? Probably...
"Show me," Miranda says. Jay and Nya step up. Nya sprays water at the training robot, while Jay shoots lightning, using the water to amplify the damage. "No, that's not it. You 2 didn't combine your powers. First off, this concept can take years to master. So don't worry if you don't get it at first try. Second...this really isn't something you can teach with words. I need to show you," Miranda explains, then runs back into the Bounty. "Power combining sounds like fun," I smile. "Yeah but it's what we've been doing. We thought we were combing our powers but we really weren't," Lloyd states.

Miranda came back, with Misako. "So all we need to do is show them an example of power combining?" Misako asks. Miranda nods. I wanna know what it looks like!

Miranda and Misako both hold hands and raise them into the air. Different colored liquids surrounds their hands, then goes around the Bounty. Misako and Miranda let go of each other's hands and the liquids disappear. Making the Bounty look all shiny. "Woah, you cleaned the entire Bounty?" I ask, looking around. "That's what we wanted it to do, and that's what it did," Misako explains. "You know it kinda looked like potions. The liquids. I saw a few in Kate's hand," Nya says. "Well. That's that. I suggest you all practice or at least try to practice power combination," Miranda says quickly. Is there something else she's hiding? Nah, but that was so cool! I wanna try it!

"How would combining my fire with water or ice even work? Fire melts ice, and water takes out fire," I state. "Yeah that might be a problem, but shouldn't you be able to control to elements 'not working together' effect?" Lloyd asks. "Who knows? Misako says that this stuff we need to figure out by ourselves. It's not something that's learned overnight, like a fight move," Cole answers. "Even if we do master this concept, there's still the fact that we do not really know anything about potions. It would help to know something, if we want to beat its effects," Zane says. "I don't know about you guys but I wanna try this out!" I exclaim. "Yeah let's try this out!" Jay adds.