Chapter 8

Kai P.O.V
I head over to the edge of the bounty. I start to walk towards the walkway that leads outside when Lloyd jumps in front of me. "No one is allowed to go outside," Lloyd says. "Well why not?" I question. "Just cuz," Lloyd answers and pushes me into the bounty. "Dude I can walk on my own!" I protest. Then I hear some talking from Nya's room. I press my ear against the door. "Why are you eavesdropping?" Lloyd asks and shakes his head. "Shh, I just wanna know," I answer.

"Aww! What a cute little teddy bear!"

"It's so tiny and fits right in your sling or whatever it's called."

"I've had it for as long as I can remember."

"Eh boring," I decide and walk away. "You're crazy," Lloyd notices. "And you figured this out...now?" I ask. "Fair point," Lloyd replies. So how am I gonna go and take Skylor on our first date?

I take out my phone and start to scroll through the recent posts...nothing interesting so I turn it off. "I'm SO board!" I whine. A response from Jay is a sneeze. "At least you aren't sick!" He exclaims. "At least I'd have people making me stuff and taking care of me," I reply. I've been taking care of myself and Nya and the shop ever since my parents went missing. Jay bites his lip. "It's not like I'm complaining or anything but just...yeah," I mumble. "No your right. I should be thankful," Jay says, then shocks everyone.

"Jay!"

"Sorry!"

I literally have nothing to do. The 3 girls have something to do, honestly I have no clue what they're doing. But it's better then what I'm doing...nothing. I walk out to the deck to find Sophie there. "Hey," I say. May as well get to know someone new. "Oh hey Kai," she replies, looking below. What's so interesting? I look down to see nothing but grass and some flowers. An idea pops into my head. "I need some help," I state. "What do you need help with?" Sophie asks. "Since Lloyd won't let us leave the bounty I thought I'd make the first date that me and Skylor will ever have here. I just need some help with it," I answer. "Date?" She gives me a questioning look. I gasp. "You don't know what a date is!?" I ask, really surprised. Sophie shakes her head no. "You know what I'll explain everything to you while you help me," I say. With a nod from Sophie, I lead us down to an empty room. "Wow...pretty run down," Sophie notices. "Now then. Let me tell you what I have planned for Skylor...not in an evil way," I say.

I have to admit, Sophie is a really fast learner. We manage to get the room ready just before I plan on taking Skylor on our first date. "Thanks SO much for your help! Just one last favor...can you give Skylor the heads up?" I ask. "Of course! You better get ready yourself Kai," Sophie reminds me. "Right," I say and leave to go to my room.

Sophie P.O.V
Its night now. Kai and Skylor are in their date and everyone else is doing their own thing. So I decide to look at the stars tonight. I just can't believe how beautiful they are! But I can't touch them, sadly. Something smacks right into my face and I see that it's a note...it has red stains on the note too. I start to read it...

Meet me at the docks at midnight, if you fail to comply with these simple directions then someone you care deeply about will be red stain covering the last word. Huh? Where in Ninjago are the docks? I take the note with me and walk into the room. Nya was there. "What the heck is on your face!?" Nya gasps. I touch my face and find a red stain on my fingers like on the floor. Nya comes over. "Wash it. I know you didn't get a cut...where did all this blood come from?" Nya questions, narrowing her eyes at me. I hand her the note and quickly wash my face. So this red stuff is blood? Like on the floor...but blood comes from the body....someone must've gotten hurt...

I walk out to see Nya...and the ninja, staring at me. "Uh," I bite my lip. I feel really awkward...
"This note is meant for you," Zane notices. "Who do you know besides us?" Jay asks. "Ninja.......Skylor....Misako...Sensei Wu...and my aunt Miranda. That's all," I answer. "Clearly someone is out to get you," Lloyd says. "But for what? As far as I've seen you wouldn't even hurt a fly," Nya says. "So who would want to harm you?" Cole says, deep in thought. Someone wants to harm me? Now why would anyone do that to anyone? Unless that man...or that 'couple'. "Maybe it was the guy that broke into my house..." I mumble. "Do you know anything about him?" Zane asks. I shake my head no. "It could be those kidnappers that are taking people all over Ninjago," Jay suggest. "Hmm, good point," Nya says thoughtfully. So this is what the world is like? People hurting their own kind? That's crazy! Why would anyone do that? "Maybe it has something to do with the Overlord?" Lloyd suggest.

No one P.O.V
"It's been a while. Hasn't it...sisters?" A woman with short brown hair says. She puts the edge of her knife on one of her captive's chin and lifts it up. "If you even dare touch a hair on my niece you will be sorry!" The captive yells. "Ha! That's the funniest joke I've heard you say! Besides, she's my daughter I can do whatever I like with her," the woman laughs. "You say that word so lightly. How could you!? She's your child! What kind of a mother are you!? I would've given up anything to spend the time that I had missed with my son! Your a monster!" The other captive growls. "Oh grow up! I killed my own. My mom, my dad, my brother and I thought my sister Lily but then I did in the end," the woman sneers. Both woman feel tears form. "You killed her!?" The captive with the knife on her chin screams. "You really are a monster," the other captive cries. "Don't worry. You'll join them all soon, and so will my daughter," the woman cackles.