Chapter Twenty Nine: The Hunt Is On

We slipped silently down the hallway. Shawn was glancing uneasily around every few minutes. His pistol gripped tightly in his hands. I moved swiftly behind him. My senses were overwhelmed, I paused, sniffing at the air. The pungent smell of perfume hit my nose. "Shawn, we are near her office," my voice was soft, nervous. Shawn stopped, turning to face me. His eyes were wide with amazement.

"Wow, how did you know?" He asked in complete awe. I couldn't help but smile, tapping at my nose. His jaw dropped, "Wow, that is unbelievable..." Suddenly, without warning his voice broke off. I suddenly had a sinking feeling, there was something behind us. "Well, I can't believe who I just found." That voice. I gave a low growl, "How, you were unconscious when we left you." 

I spun around, the sight that met my eyes was something I had never wanted to see. There was Marcus, standing tall, a cruel smirk plastered upon his face. In his hands, he held two ropes. On each end, there was the conked out bodies of Kodiak and Fox. I felt my heart sink, he laughed, "First Mary, and now them, who's next Tobias?" Something inside me snapped, I don't know what did it.

Before I knew what was happening, I was throwing myself at him. A growl erupting from my throat. Shawn gave a cry, and tried to hold me back, I felt horrible as I threw him off my back. His body hit the concrete floor with a sickening crack. Marcus was just standing there, laughing away. "You, you..." I couldn't finish my sentence, my heart was hammering against my chest. Marcus let the ropes go, I stopped what was he doing?

"You know wolf boy, I think that you shouldn't bother the mistress at the moment, she is busy working, why not have some fun with me instead?" I narrowed my eyes, my wolf was hunched up, his teeth barred. "What do you want Marcus?" My voice was low, trembling. He backed up, and before my eyes he began to shift. His entire body twisted in on itself, his face stretched outwards into a snout, his fingers curled into claws.

Soon enough there was a huge male lion standing before me. His amber eyes burning with a rage. He roared, and charged at me. I gave a yelp and began to make a mad dash for it. The lion was faster then I had thought. I scrambled down the never ending hall. Hoping to find a shelter, why, oh, why was I a werewolf? I dashed down a narrow corridor, nearly missing my leg being hit by Marcus' massive claws.

I threw open the first door I could find, slamming it shut as quickly as I could. There came a loud roar of anger from Marcus. I took a deep breath, I could relax, for now. I turned towards the dark room, my eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness. I was lucky to find myself in a small closet. Nothing special, only janitor supplies.

I gave a heavy sigh of relief. I would stay here until later...

*Author Update*

Here is the latest chapter for the unedited version of Hollow's Grove. I am sorry that I took so long, the edited version of the novel is taking quite a long time to write. I hope that you enjoy this latest chapter, I hope that when the fully edited version comes out, this will be much more detailed and a little bit longer. I hope you enjoy, please let me know what you think. Thank you to all who read this work in progress. I really appreciate it.