Chapter Twenty Two: The Beginning Of The End

We snuck back down the hallway. Every once and a while I would glance around, but there wasn't any sign of the polar bear. Mary asked me many more questions about what had happened when I had been able to run off. "Did you know a girl named Luna Martin?" I asked her, she nodded, "She was actually trying to get out as well, she was just like you and I. She wanted to get help." I nodded, "Well, she did that, but Marcus made sure that she didn't get out of the woods."

Mary took a sharp breath, "Wow." We continued onwards, in an awkward silence. "Tobias," Mary tugged at my shirt. I looked at her, a puzzled expression upon my face. "What is it Mary?" She didn't respond, instead she began to back away from me. I frowned, "What's the matter with you?" I asked her, she opened her mouth as if to say something but all that came out was a small whimper. Suddenly a jolt of pain shot down my spine.

I gave a sharp yelp and dropped to the floor. "Oh my- My voice was cut off by a low snarl. I felt my heart skip a beat. This was not what was supposed to happen. "Halt! We have you surrounded!" My blood turned to ice, 'No, they couldn't have.' My mind screamed. Out from down the hallway came several men, each holding a pistol. I tried to push myself back up from the floor, only to fall back, another pain shot through me. "Get up!" One guard cried, walking up towards me and Mary.

"I...I can't get up." My voice was breaking. I needed to get as far away from these people as I could. I watched helplessly as the guards headed over to Mary and grabbed her by the arms, "Get the boy, we have to go and see the mistress." The two guards said as they dragged poor Mary off, I could see that she was truly terrified. The last guard stared down at me for a few moments, before he said "What is wrong with you?" I just gave a low growl, "Wait here for a few more minutes and you'll find out."

It didn't seem like the man wanted to waste any more time as he bent down and grabbed me by the collar of my already worn shirt. "When you get to the mistress' office, you can tell her your issue." He spat. In my mind the wolf gave a howl of amusement. The wolf knew that it was the full moon. I could tell by the way he paced excitedly in the corner of my mind, plotting, and waiting...