Chapter Four: The Last Night At Home

The days past us by much quicker now that I had been officially enrolled back into school. After we had talked about the school, mum had called the number on the brochure and found that the man and his stunt was actually a real thing. It was a registration gimmick. He would come up to an unsuspecting person and give them the brochure and then run off.

Well it had worked on mum. She enrolled me as fast as she could. Once she had enrolled me, I found that she wouldn't stare off into space as much either. The entire school thing had changed her for the better, and I could tell by the way she was acting.

Every morning I would wake up and find that she looked much more intact and organized. For breakfast she would have everything set out for me, and then hurry off to work. She would also now leave a long mushy note saying how proud she was and stuff like that. I still went off and did my own things, but now she had me on a schedule, as at boarding school they had schedules and routines I'd have to follow.

The only thing that scared me was the fact that I would be away. The full moon was rough enough at home but now as I was back in a school setting, I shuddered at the possibilities. What if a teenager found me while I was in my beastly state? I stayed awake for many nights thinking of the horrifying outcomes. Finally the last night of living at home came round. Just to my luck it was when I had to turn.

"Pass the butter Toby." Mum held out her hand for me to give her the butter plate. I reached over to the plate, only I found that my hands were trembling. 'No, not now, it's not time yet!' My mind screamed. Without thinking I jumped from my spot. My plate and cup clattered to the floor, spilling everything on the kitchen floor. "Oh hell," I muttered.

Mum glanced up from her meal and gave me a worried glance, "Are you okay honey?" I didn't answer her, instead I ran from the room. My mind began to race, I wasn't ready for my transformation, with all the school preparation going on I hadn't been able to prepare myself for the full moon. "Toby, come back here what's wrong?" Mum cried after me as I raced out of the dining room.

I raced outside, praying silently that I wouldn't fall and turn right then and there. The light of the full moon came through the clouds and shone down upon my body. I had to get away, I staggered, my body was starting to transform. Just as I entered the tree-line I fell, "Ah, please, help me!" I screamed into the night.

I tore at my tightening clothes, I needed to undress. The beast was fighting to get out. I screamed in pain as I felt my body contort, my hair got longer, my canines grew sharp. Soon enough I found myself at the mercy of the animal. It growled, and snarled. I whimpered and rolled over. It knew that I was a submissive host. Before I knew it my world was dimming, the wolf was taking over. "Please, someone..."

A howl tore through me, and my mind went blank...