Chapter Twenty Seven: Mary's Brother?!

I stood there gaping at the man. "Mary...Mary was your sister?" I gasped. He nodded, "Yes, she was my sister." He stared into my eyes. "I never thought that this would happen," he said slowly. I stood there, not quite sure how to respond. "They took my sister from me, they made a deal with me!" His eyes were now flames.

"I will get them for this," he didn't even seem to realize I was still there. Then suddenly he gasped, "You, you can help me!" His grey eyes were growing wide with excitement. I opened my mouth, but no words came out. I was still in shock, why hadn't Mary told me that she had a brother?

He extended his right hand in a form of greeting, "My name is Shawn." I took his hand, "Hi there Shawn, my name is Tobias, but you can call me Toby." He gave me a sad smile. "You were trying to protect her?" He asked this. I nodded slowly, "Yes, they wanted me to bite her or something, but I told her to run."

Shawn just stood there listening. I gulped, he didn't look to great. "I need your help Tobias. Mary was the only family I had. Now that she is gone, there is nothing left for me." He grabbed my shoulders and stared straight into my eyes. "I will help you get out of here if you help me take down the mistress and her goons once and for all." I wanted nothing more than to help him, he seemed so broken.

"Please, help me!" He was growing desperate. I bit my lip. I had been ditched by the others after we had made plans. I hung my head and gave a sigh, "I will help you, and may Mary help us." I didn't know why I had said that. I was glad to see that when I said it, it relaxed her brother. "Yes," he said slowly, "She will be watching us."

I took a breath. This was going to be really awkward. He motioned for me to follow him, "Quickly, I don't know who will be out patrolling this corridor. We need to get back to my quarters." He began to speed walk back down the hallway, glancing uneasily around every few minutes. I watched him for a couple of minutes before quickly following him.

We made our way through the winding ways. He had his gun out in his hands, ready to shoot anyone who came across us. I looked around, hoping to see Kodiak or Fox. There was no sign of them. I hoped that they were okay. As we headed through the halls, Shawn asked me all sorts of questions. "When were you turned into a werewolf?" Or "Why did you come to Hollow's Grove?"

I kept quiet, not wanting to speak until we were truly safe. Finally Shawn ducked down a narrow hall. "This way Toby, here are my quarters." He waved for me to follow. I hurried into the hallway. There I found I was standing in front of a small door. It was ajar. "Come on in," Shawn whispered. I opened the door. To my shock I found myself staring at Kodiak and Fox.

They had wide smiles on their faces, and in their hands they held an unconscious Marcus. "Here we are," Shawn said. He came up from behind me and placed a hand upon my shoulder. "I believe that you already are acquainted with Kodiak and Fox, they were a couple of Mary's best friends." I stared at the two in disbelief, "Wh...What? How? I thought that- Kodiak waved her hand in front of my mouth.

"We got a hold of Marcus, and then we saw Shawn looking around, well we told him about you and what had happened so he told us to come here while he went to find you." I felt my jaw drop. This was getting too weird...