Chapter Twenty Six: The Plans are Broken

We made our way down the never ending hallways. They seemed to change routes with each turn. I was getting frustrated with every turn that led us to a dead end. "Where are we?" I asked Kodiak as we came to another dead end. She shook her head, her hair almost hitting me across the face. "Watch it," I muttered. She turned. Her eyes still red from crying. "Sorry, um, I am not sure where we are Toby."

I took a heavy breath of frustration. That was not a good sign. "How did you to get out in the first place again?" I asked the duo. They didn't reply. I felt my stomach twist into a knot, this was just perfect. Suddenly we all froze, we could hear footfalls coming down from somewhere in the maze of corridors. We all glanced at one another, "Run!" I cried.

We turned about and began to run. The footsteps were coming closer by the minute. "What do we do?" Fox cried. I shook my head, "I don't know!" We stopped in our tracks when we heard the cruel laughter of Marcus. "Well, what's this?" He said as he came into view. His eyes gleaming when he saw the tear stains upon my flushed cheeks.

"Aww, what's the matter wolf?  Are you sad that your eagle died?" His voice was mocking. I snarled, "You, what did you do to her?" I yelled. Kodiak and Fox grabbed a hold of my arms. He chuckled, "Like the mistress said, tell me how you turned so fast, and I will tell you." The wolf inside me snarled. It wanted nothing more than to rip Marcus apart.

"Never," I growled. It was getting harder for Kodiak and Fox to hold me back. I was fighting against the two. I was trying to break free and get Marcus. He shook his head, "Poor little cub," he chuckled darkly. That was when Kodiak spoke up, her eyes burning. "You will pay for what you did!" She cried. His gaze shifted over to her and Fox.

"Well if it isn't the two freedom fighters, if you came back to get the rest of your crew well," he paused for a moment before saying, "they are no longer in this facility." He smirked as he said this. That did it, Kodiak and Fox let go of me, and began to run towards Marcus. "You will pay for this!" They screamed. Marcus' eyes went wide in shock.

I guessed that he wasn't expecting them to come after him. He gave a small cry of surprise and began to run as the two teens chased after him. Their voices got farther and farther away as they followed him down the hall. I was left alone in the hallway. The wolf paced back and forth within my mind. "What do we do now?" I muttered to myself.

The plans were broken now that Kodiak and Fox were all that was left of their gang. I stood there, unsure of what to do. I didn't have a backup plan, and I was lost. I needed to get out of this madhouse. That was one thing I needed to do, for I had made a promise to Mary. "Don't move." I froze as I felt the gun press against my back. "Well, well, well, what do we have here?" The voice asked slowly.

I didn't dare turn and take a look at who had found me. "Wait, aren't you the werewolf?" The voice asked. I nodded my head slowly. Immediately the gun was put down. "What are you still doing in here? Don't you realize that she gave you your freedom?" The voice cried. I swivelled about, my teeth barred. "She gave me my freedom, that's rich, she killed my best friend!"

The man who was standing in front of me had his jaw dropped. His deep grey eyes were beginning to water. "She killed Mary?" I frowned, how had he known Mary? "My God, they killed her..." He just stood there, his eyes wide. I opened my mouth as to say something but closed it. I didn't know what to say. "They killed, her, my own sister..."