Chapter Eighteen: Caged

I woke up feeling as though I was bound in chains. The searing pain was gone now. "Whe...Where am I?" I muttered to myself. All I could see were bright lights around me. "Well it's nice for you to finally come back to the world of the living." A voice startled me. I blinked several times, trying to get a better idea of where I was and who was talking to me. As my vision started to come back to me, I found myself in a large cage. Beside me, there sat a young woman, she gazed at me, in her eyes there was a sorrow.

"You were better off in the world of the dead." She muttered. Her voice seemed to have lost all hope. I bit my lip. This girl was a complete downer. "Um, who are you?" I asked slowly. She shook her long golden locks. "None, of that matters anymore. I am not who I was." I suddenly realized that I wasn't going to get much out this girl. She was just giving in. "Listen, please, I can get us out of here." I whispered. I really didn't know if I could but it was worth a shot. She gave a quick laugh, a sarcastic one at that.

"Sure, I have tried. They're just going to catch you and teach you a lesson." She glanced over at me. Her bright jade coloured eyes were wet with fresh tears. I shook my head, "That's where you're wrong, my name is Tobias O'Brian, and I swear to you, we'll get out of here." I held out my right hand in greeting, she took it cautiously. "Hi, I'm Mary." She talked quietly, as though she was scared that someone was listening. I shook her hand, and gave her a comforting smile, "Hey Mary, don't worry, we'll get out of here." She smiled slightly.

"Isn't that touching?" A familiar voice brought the two of us back into the true reality of the situation. Marcus was standing in front of the cage, he was shaking his head. "Nice try you two, but you'll never get out of here now." I snarled at him, I wanted nothing more than to bite this crazed lunatic. "Whoa, easy there Tobias, I didn't mean to make you mad." He smirked, "Now, I need for you to come with me." I shook my head, "No way, I will not come with you." I technically spat.

He shook his head, "Wrong again, the mistress would like to meet you." I growled but got up, I was right about being chained up. I glanced at Mary, she looked horrified for me. I gave a quick but genuine smile, "Don't worry, I will be right back." With that I walked over to the cage door, let Marcus unchain me and lead me off, down the room towards a large door. "Now, tell her everything, understand?" He said as he pushed me forwards. I glared at him, but gave a curt nod.

"Perfect, now go on." With that he opened the door and threw me into the large dark room...