Chapter Eight: Welcome?

I didn't sleep for the rest of the night. I had been to creeped out by Marcus. As soon as he had left the first thing I did was go over to my window and shut it. I even went and locked my door. Then I threw my disheveled sheets on to the bed and curled up under the mess. I rested my eyes, only I made sure that if I was drifting off I gave myself one heck of a pinch. I looked like a zombie as I unlocked my bedroom door and headed down the corridor. Since I hadn't gone to the dinner, I wasn't too sure where the dining hall was.

My eyes had dark circles around them, I was exhausted. I gave a loud yawn and almost tripped on the spiral stairs. Other students walked by me, their eyes filled with judgement. I sighed, I was already an outcast. It made me feel ten times worse, than I already felt. I wondered to myself if Marcus has spread the word that I was a, well, as he put it, a freak. When I finally found the dining hall, I felt like I had shrunk down to the size of an ant.

I sat myself down at a small rounded table, no one else sat beside or even near me. I gave a quick whiff of the air, it smelled of sausages, pancakes, maple syrup, and freshly pressed orange juice. It took a ton of effort to make sure I didn't begin to drool. If the kids thought I was already weird then they would take that as another reason to make me feel bad. Soon enough a bell rang out. Teens began to enter the room, taking seats with each other.

I watched enviously, they all looked so happy. Here I was, already moping. I closed my eyes and wished that mum hadn't been given the brochure. As more and more students entered I noticed that a few eyes had already turned on to my table. There were murmurs and short chuckles as more people turned to look at me. I felt like I was an animal at a zoo, why did they have to keep staring? "Ahem," A voice startled me. I turned slowly to face my addressor. A young woman stood behind my chair. She looked a little flustered.

"That's my seat." She narrowed her pale grey eyes at me. I was up in a minute. The last thing I needed was an argument. She didn't even give me a second glance as she dropped her skinny little body into the chair. A male followed suit, he at least was decent enough to give a grunt of appreciation as he sat down beside the girl. I now was stuck standing stupidly in the middle of the hall. Everyone had now lost interest in me, and were now turned away, talking with one another. I sighed, and walked over to a corner of the room and sat down.

I felt even worse, what was wrong with these kids? Why were they so cruel to me? They had no idea who I was or even what I was. It was as though they were just being cruel to me because they could. "Breakfast is served!" A snooty French accent pulled me back into reality. A man wearing a dark blue butler outfit was looking down at me. In his hands he carried a large silver platter. It reminded me of something from the Victorian Era. "Thank you very much sir." I said as he bent down to hand it to me.

"You're welcome young master, enjoy." With that he headed off into the now bustling room. Other waiters scurried about setting platters down on table after table. My stomach gave a low grumble, I was quite hungry. I looked around, other kids had settled into their own breakfasts. I licked my lips, it smelled delicious. I felt a burst of happiness curl down my spine as I picked up the silver fork that was on the platter.

The food was what I considered the best part of the morning. It was mouth-wateringly delicious.  It took me away from the dining hall and back to when I was still at home. Once I had finished my meal, the same waiter came back, "How did you enjoy your breakfast sir?" He asked as I got up from my spot. I found that I towered over the man. "It was absolutely delicious, thank you." He nodded, and left. I looked around.

Some students were still munching away, while others were leaving. I guessed that I should get back to my room and get ready for my first class. When I got back to my bedroom, I quickly pulled out some fresh clothes from my bag, and a new towel. As my bedroom had a private bathroom I felt much more at ease. I was grateful to know that I wasn't expected to share with anyone.

The water was warm, the steam rose around me, I closed my eyes and let the water spill across me. As I showered I thought of what my new classes would be like. If the students were that mean to me now, how on earth would they interact with me in the workplace environment? I knew that I would have to do group projects, would the kids include me? I gave a heavy sigh, it was just too weird. I didn't even know them, why did they have to pick me to bully?

I shut the shower off and walked out into the bathroom. It was so cold, I gave a shiver. "Right," I said aloud clapping my hands together. "Off to get ready for a new day." I tried to cheer myself on, only to feel even worse. I walked back into my bedroom and walked over to my bag, the clothes were fresh and crisp. Now, I stood proudly ready to start a new day. My hair was spiked up, the black t-shirt and blue jeans, accented my violet eyes.

Sighing heavily, I stooped down and grabbed my backpack, than I opened the door...