Chapter 24

I opened it. There was a gay pride flag and a paper. This is the paper said:

This restaurant has the first and third colors of this flag on it's logo. Go there and ask Teresa for a "special" vanilla ice cream cone. If she asks you how much money is in your wallet, tell her.

The first and third colors of the pride flag. That's red and yellow. Is he talking about McDonald's?

"I have to go," I said rushing out of the door.

I ran to the car and drove there. When I finally arrived, I jogged to the door. I walked up the front counter, and saw Teresa.

"How may I help you?" She asked.

"I would like a... Um... A special vanilla ice cream cone."

"Okay. How much money is in your wallet?"

I looked in my wallet. Most of my money disappeared, but I knew it was part of their plan.

"Seven dollars and forty-five cents."

A few minutes later, she handed me an ice cream cone. It seemed normal. I ate it, and it went to throw the paper that was wrapped around it away, but then I saw writing on the inside.

This place's name has a lot of thermal energy in it. It's in the mall, and it's the topic of everyone's conversations.

I shook my head and laughed to myself. Brandon made this way too easy. I got in the car and drove to the mall. It started raining, and I really didn't want to get my brand new Converse wet. I ran inside as fast as I could, avoiding all of the puddles. I entered the building, and started heading towards Hot Topic. When I entered, a man asked me for my name.

"Austin," I answered.

"A guy bought this for you," he said, handing me a bag.

"Thank you," I said before exiting the store.

I peered inside the bag, and I saw a pin. I pulled it out and it had the gay flag on it with an equal sign. I pulled out the receipt, and it had writing on it.

Go to the park.

I got in my car and drove to my destination. I parked near my house, and rushed out. I spotted Brandon nearby. He was wearing a rainbow flag.

"Brandon!" I yelled running towards him.

I embraced him, and we kissed.

"Guess what," he said, staring into my eyes.

"What?"

He reached into his pocket. "There's more." He pulled out his wallet and phone. "We're going on a date."

I jumped up and hugged him. I looked up at him. "When are we going?"

"Later tonight."

We went into our house, since it was near the park. We walked into my room.

"I'm feeling very gay today," I joked.

"Oh, I got you just one more thing," he said sliding something towards me.

He gave me the makeup kit I've been looking at. "Thank you!"

He watched me do my makeup for the next thirty minutes. This might sound stupid, but it made me feel more confident.