Chapter 13

BRANDON'S POV

I walked over to Isabel. She was sitting on a bench in a park, that we live close to.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. I just needed some alone time."

"Oh, sorry, would you like me to leave?" I asked, feeling bad that I interupted her alone time.

"No, no. It's fine. I was about to head back anyways."

"Do you like boys or girls?" I blurted out.

"What?" She asked, unsure if she heard correctly.

"Do you prefer to date boys or girls?"

"I'm straight, if that's what you're asking," she clarified.

"You lying."

"Prove it."

"I can sense it," I said.

"Just because you have a hunch means nothing," she replied.

"Except that's one of my powers. I can sense if someone's lying or not. It just happens randomly, though. It's not a hunch."

"Oh no! I've been exposed! What ever shall I do?" She said in her most sarcastic voice.

"Brandon and Peyton know that I'm not lying."

"Why do you even want to know?" She questioned, her blue eyes shining.

"Peyton likes you," I said unwillingly. I sat there in awe for a moment, then asked, "how do you do that?"

"You can tell if someone's lying, but I can make people tell the truth," she proudly said.

Isabel walked away, and I continued to sit on the bench. Maybe I was the one needed some alone time.

ISABEL'S POV

I walked away, at first proud of myself because I didn't think that I could actually make him tell me, since I'm not that good yet with my new power, but then I processed what he had said. I stopped, unsure what to feel. It's true that I'm a homosexual, because half of me refused to follow my one of my dads, the other half followed the other one, the one I don't really know. I always wanted to be like my dad, Boston, because I've heard that he was a good man. But on the other hand, my jerk father, John, I didn't really follow him because he made me bad. He told me that this is how the world works, and that it was just a competition to see who could control it. I was told that he regretted dating Boston.

AUSTIN'S POV

I looked at my phone and I saw that I had a text from Isabel.

"Hey, I need to tell everyone something real quick. It's not that important, but I thought you guys would like to know"

I called Peyton into our small living room. A little while later Isabel walked in and few minutes later Brandon walked in.

"So, I just found out that if you switch from evil to good your powers will began to change. I can't use any of my dark powers anymore, and I'm learning new ones. I don't know what all I can do yet, but I can make people tell the truth. I'm not that good at it, but I can," Isabel explained.

I looked over at Brandon and he looked embarrassed for some reason. Maybe she used her new power on him. That would be hilarious! I looked at my watch and it was only 5 p.m. Today has been a really long day.