Chapter 12

ISABEL'S POV

We just got home from the mall, and I was thinking about my past. I remembered my dad telling me that I'm not allowed to date boys anymore because he didn't want me being peer pressured and getting pregnant. So I dated girls. When he found out, he actually was happy, because he just didn't want me getting pregnant before I was at least twenty. This happened after I dated Austin. My dad caught me kissing that one guy and he grounded me. I don't really find guys attractive, except Austin. I would date him, if he wanted to and if he would forgive me. I decided to go take a shower to clear my head.

BRANDON'S POV

"He read my mind and he knew that I was gonna tell you," Peyton explained.

"What did he say?" I questioned.

"I may have promised him that I wouldn't tell you," she nervously said.

I stormed off to my room and slammed the door.

AUGUST 2ND

PEYTON'S POV

I went and asked Brandon if I could talk to him. He walked into my bedroom, his hair wet from his shower earlier. I stood up as he entered.

"Um," I nervously said, "I think I like you—"

"Peyton, please don't trick yourself," he interrupted.

"Wha? What do you mean?"

"Austin read your mind that one day. He told me about it, and I already suspected it. You like Isabel, you're just confused."

"But I thought I was straight though, and I think I do like her," I said confused.

BRANDON'S POV

I remembered when I told Peyton that I liked Austin. I smiled and put my hand on her shoulder.

"I support you and your decision," I said, still smiling.

Peyton's eyes began to water. She and I began to cry, a mix of happiness, remembrance, and knowing that we are always gonna be there to support each other. I eventually sat up, wiping tears from his eyes. Austin walked up.

"I suppose you told her?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"I read her mind, and I found something out, but I don't think she wants us to know."

"What?" Peyton asked.

"Nothing."

"Does this mean you and Brandon are back together?" She asked.

Austin turned to me. "Brandon, I understand if you're mad at me for leaving you, but will you be my boyfriend again?"

"Yes, on one condition. Tell me why you broke up with me."

Austin sighed, "I broke with you because I wanted to give Peyton a chance. I took you away from her, and I felt bad. So I gave her a chance, but she fell in love with Isabel," he explained.

I grabbed his hand and kissed his cheek. When I did that I heard Peyton aw.

"AW YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE! YOU TWO ARE GOALS!"

We just laughed and hung out for the rest of the day.