Chapter 6

JULY 13TH

PEYTON'S POV

Austin, Brandon, and I went to investigate. I feel like something strange was about to happen, so I began to use my power to look into the future (even though I could only look 5 seconds into the future).

"Are you looking into the future?" Austin asked.

"Yes. I'd rather live than die right now," I replied.

"I wouldn't waste my energy on that if I were you. Nothing's gonna happen," Brandon said.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. They didn't understand. I can sense when something bad is about happen, but I can't predict what until 5 seconds before it happens.

I sighed. I suppose they were right. I stopped using my powers. Only 6 seconds later, I heard a swoosh, and then a gun click. It happened before my eyes could focus.

There was a teen girl standing with a gun to Austin's head.

AUSTIN'S POV

The barrel of the gun was pressed up on the side of my head. I started to sweat, and tried to control my fear. The perks of having the ability to control emotions is that you can control part of your. Not much, but some. I used my powers to put fear into her. I generated fear to put in her from the fear within me.

"Any last words?" She asked.

A drop of sweat hit the ground.

"You're sweating," I chuckled.

When I said that, it distracted her enough for Brandon to twist the pistol out of her hands. I ran away from her. When I turned around I realize who she was.

"You're that guy that cheated and dumped me in middle school. I was hired to kill this group, but I didn't know that you would be in it," the auburn said.

"Isabella... Don't act all innocent. You abused me both mentally and physically, even after I broke up with you. And I didn't cheat. I told you we were breaking up, but you refused to listen. I dated someone else that treated me better," I said, trying to hide the fear in my voice.

Brandon punched the girl that almost put a bullet through his love's skull. She fell to the ground, but slowly got up.

"There's something you don't know," Isabella said mischievously, as she pulled her glove off.

"What? That you want to kill us? We kinda already figured that out," Peyton said sarcastically.

"No," Isabella said, sounding annoyed, "you'll see."