Chapter 19

ISABEL'S POV

I stared at Peyton. I shouldn't have made the driver of fall asleep without giving her a warning.

"So, what's your name?" The man asked.

"Isabel," I answered. I felt like I could trust this guy, but I'm not sure why. Not just because he saved us, I feel like there's another reason.

"And what's her name?"

"Peyton," I answered for her.

She was still unconscious. We remained silent the rest of the ride.

LATER (AT THE HOSPITAL)

Peyton was laying in bed. The doctors said it was nothing too serious, but it will leave a giant bruise on her back, and it will hurt pretty badly for a while. I remembered when I used my powers to make Brandon tell me that she liked me. Is that why she saved me? I mean, I have liked her for a while, but I wasn't sure if my feelings for her were real. I put my hand the bedrails and leaned in to kiss her on the cheek. I turned around but she grabbed my hand. I looked back, and I was shocked.

"Please stay for a little bit longer," Peyton begged.

"Okay, but in five minutes I'm going to get some food," I told her.

"Come here, I need to tell you something," she said.

I leaned in expecting her to tell me a secret, but instead she kissed me on the cheek. How I fall for that?

"Isabel," she began, "will you be my girlfriend?"

I almost said yes, but instead walked out of the room. If I said yes, she might try to risk her life to save me  again. I did this not because I didn't like her back, but because I liked her back, and didn't want anything bad to happen to her.

PEYTON'S POV

She just kissed me, but she wouldn't date me? I began to sob. The one person I liked rejected me. I stopped crying when I saw a man come in.

"Who are you?" I quickly asked.

"I'm Boston. You're Peyton, if I remembered correctly."

"How do you know that?" I asked, clenching my fist.

"Isabel told me. I have to go talk to her right now, so I'll be right back," he said walking out of the room.

ISABEL'S POV

I saw the man walking towards me.

"I forgot to tell you, my name's Boston," he said.

"What do you want?" I asked, using my powers.

"I want to talk. Oh, and that's not gonna work on me."

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me outside because I refused to follow him. Halfway I just gave up and followed him. He motioned me to get in his truck.

"I have a few questions," he said, starting his vehicle.

"I have some too," I told him.

"You're probably wondering—"

"How did my powers not work?" I asked.

"I have the same power, which is rare to find someone with powers, but even more rare if they have the same power. Unless..." He said.

"Unless what?"

"Nevermind."

"Please tell me," I begged.

"Unless we're related," he sighed. "I used to have a daughter name Isabella, but my ex husband kept her."

"Wait, was your ex husband named John?" I asked.

I looked over at him and he smiled and began to cry.

"I found you, Isabella."