Chapter 16

AUSTIN'S POV

I saw the man walk in. Rich people can have Starbucks, too, I guess. But why didn't he go to a fancier coffee place? There's one nearby. I read his mind, but barely in time. I duck down as he used his ninja reflexes to pull and shoot his gun.

"I knew you were gonna read my mind and avoid it. I've been watching you," the man said.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Come with me or I will hunt you friends down," he threatened.

I gritted my teeth. I attempted to change his emotion to fear. It didn't work. He grinned.

"Mr.Morgan, that's not gonna work."

I had to think of a way out. He was in front of the closest entrance, and the back exit was too far. He began to creep closer. He knew the man had great skill. There was no escaping. He grabbed my wrist. He twisted my arm. I screamed. I heard the door open.

BRANDON'S POV

I continued to run. I heard a scream— a scream from Austin. That made me run even faster. My leg began to cramp, but I continued. I opened the door. The man twisted Austin's arm behind his back.

AUSTIN'S POV

I looked over and Brandon was there. I realized that this is why he called and texted me so many times. Brandon rapidly punched him in the face multiple times. I realized that the man's eyes were gold. Hmm, that's strange. I noticed that his guard on me was down, so I used my emotion power to scare him. It actually worked this time, and the best part was that he wasn't expecting it.

"Brandon, watch out!" I yelled.

Brandon ducked and the man tried to shot him, but he avoided it. Brandon twisted the gun out of his hand, but the man had a hidden knife. He pulled it out, and tried to stab Brandon. He struggled to keep it away from himself. I began to panic, but calmed down. I had to act fast, but I didn't know what to do. I grabbed the nearest coffee pot, and threw it at the man. It missed, but I had to keep trying. I realized that there was a small box on the floor. It had a note saying this:

To Austin, my love
         I got this for you as an early month aneversery gift. I hope you can use it if someone tries to hurt you.
                                       Love, Brandon ❤

I shakily grabbed the box, and opened it. It had a pocket knife in it. I pulled it out, and threw the box to the side. I ran towards them, and I slashed down at his leg. Brandon kicked him. The man got up, what once had been nice clothes, ruined with blood and with various places having tears. He ran out, and got in his car. He drove off before we could catch him.

"Austin..." Brandon said softly as he fell over.

I barely caught him, and he was very heavy. I gently set him on the floor, and kissed his cheek. I realized that I was gonna have to get a new job. I helped Brandon up and we retreated from the crime scene. I looked back and chairs and the trash can were flipped over, and blood and pieces of clothes were all over the place. We rode our bicycles home, and we cleaned and treated our wounds.