Chapter 15

AUSTIN'S POV

I finally got the job and I began work that same day. The first customer was a short guy, with brown hair and blue eyes. He gave me his order and he got his food. The first customer went pretty well. The second and third customers seemed really nice. But the fourth one was arguing.

"Here you go, your coffee," I said as i handed it to him.

"It wasn't supposed to have whipped cream, and you forgot the caramel drizzle," he said very rudely.

"I'm sorry sir, would you like me to get you another one, you can keep that one for free," I offered.

"Would you like me to call your manager?" He said sarcastically.

"Sir, you must understand it was a simple mistake," I reasoned.

"A 'simple mistake' that could make me late."

"Would you like a refund?"

"Yes," he said as he snatched his refund out of my hands.

I wiped sweat from my eyebrows as I sighed in relief. I saw another customer enter, I took her order and gave her the hot chocolate she ordered. Then, I took a lunch break.  I got a text from Brandon saying that he was on his way. I went back out to the cash register.

BRANDON'S POV

I decided to walk by Starbucks and order something just so I could see my lover. I was almost there, but then I saw something.

"Oh crap," I said under my breath. "I have to call Austin."

AUSTIN'S POV

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I looked at it. It was Brandon calling. I couldn't answer it. I could get in trouble. He began to text me. He spammed my phone with texts. I really wanted to answer it, just I don't want to get fired. He continued to text me, and I switched my phone from vibrate to silent.

BRANDON'S POV

I called Austin a few times, then spammed his phone with texts. He wasn't answering. I began walking around. How could I save Austin? If I just run up there to save him it won't do any good. I would just get killed and then Austin. After a minute or two of thinking, I came up with a plan.

AUSTIN'S POV

I continued taking orders, and I glanced at my phone. I had three missed calls and thirty-one text messages. I was beginning to worry. Why would he text me that many times? I asked my boss if I could take a break, but he said no since I just had a lunch break.

BRANDON'S POV

I began to run. I had to get to inside before that man did. I ran as fast as I could, but he was significantly closer to the door. I went to run across the street, but I slid across a car as I attempted to. It hurt me, but it was my own fault. I continued running. I almost got hit by a small truck, but luckily didn't. I looked over at the entrance, and I saw the man at the door. It was too late.

AUSTIN'S POV

I was bored as I waited for customers. At least there weren't any of them so they couldn't be rude. I peeked up as a man in a dark tuxedo with a tie walked in. His hair was combed and was fixed up. Why would someone of his wealth be here?