Chapter 28

ETHAN'S POV

I began running towards him. I pulled out a small pocket knife and sliced his arm. Well, I tried to slice his arm. It made a screech and my pocket knife flew out of my hand. His sleeve was ripped, but no blood. I took a closer look. His arm was robotic.

"Yeah, this happened when I got into a crash." He paused. "I wonder who's fault that is," he said, turning to Isabel.

"You were trying to kidnap us!" She protested.

He pulled out two pistols. He began shooting us, but we tried our best to dodge.

Their was a pain in my arm. "AGH," I yelled, grabbing the wound. I looked at my hand, and it was covered in blood.

He tried to shoot me again, but Brandon saved me. We tried our powers, but we couldn't focus. Brandon and I couldn't get close enough to actually hurt him.

What could I do? I can't get close enough. I had an idea.

I went behind him, to his desk and began throwing things at him. I grabbed his glass, and threw it at his head. The water went everywhere. His head was bleeding from the impact. He began to turn towards me so that he could shoot me, but I tackled him. The floor was wooden and wet, so he slipped when I tackled him. I gripped his wrists. I held them to the ground. He rolled over and sat up. I felt a cold barrel held to my head. Everyone froze. I took a breath in, then out. I had to focus. I couldn't panic. It was risky, but I head-butted him backwards, and the bullet pierced the ceiling. Brandon looked at me, then the desk, and I nodded. We picked up the large, heavy desk and threw it. It missed him. I grabbed the stapler and attacked him with it. He tried to shoot Brandon, but it missed and shattered the window. I sprinted towards him, hitting his leg, shoulder, and with it. He stepped back a few steps.

He aimed the gun towards me. I hit it out of his hand and it flew out of the window. We all neared him. We were about to finish this, but we forgot that he had another gun. He shot Brandon, but it only grazed his side. He yelped out in pain, but continued. Isabel and Peyton couldn't do much, because they're powers weren't working, and they aren't physically strong. Peyton threw a tray at me, and I caught it. John must've been eating before we came. He tried to shoot me, but I blocked it with the tray, and the bullet ricocheted and hit his hand. The gun flew out of the window, like the other gun did.

"You've lost, John," Boston said.

"Only you would think that," he grinned.

We all tensed up.

"Wha-what do you mean?" Peyton said fearfully.

He only grinned. We froze, not knowing what to expect. He ripped open his clothing to show us what we had not expected...

...a large explosive, connected to his chest...