Chapter 35- From Catching To Explaining

After a struggle which neither Cristiano nor Nuno were going to admit to Molly, the tree was not only brought into the house but also put standing in the living room. "Aww you boys must be drinking your milk" Molly joked as she entered the living room with Junior on her hip. "Them bones them bones need calcium" Nuno sang and they all laughed.

"Now I just have to do is decorate it" Mollly said as she gazed at the bare tree. "This room looks lovely Molly" Cristiano said has his eyes wandered around the room. "Well you'll be happy to know that I didn't go too overboard. I had thought about getting figures for the garden but then I thought that it would have just been for the kids so since they aren't going to be here there wasn't any point" Molly shrugged.

"Next year you can. I'm sure a blow up snowman would looked great in the garden" he said walking towards her. "Oh she's taken care of outside" Nuno said. "Don't spoil it Nuno. Now be a doll and get the small box that's in the office for me. It has everything I need for the tree. Please" Molly asked.

"What have you done outside?" Cristiano asked as Nuno disappeared. "You'll have to wait and see" she smirked. "Can I have my son please?" he asked. "As soon as you wash your hands" Molly said. "What?" Cristiano asked. "You just handled that thing" she said pointing to the tree. "Fine" he groaned.

"How the hell is this a small box?" Nuno asked as he struggled to carry the huge box in his arms. "You're the one who got the huge tree. She's going to need a lot to cover it" Cristiano said before he left Nuno and Molly talking about the difference between sizes of boxes and headed towards the stairs.

He smiled when he reached the stairs and saw the red bows on up along the stairs and the holly. It was lovely without being too much he thought. After a quick change since his clothes were covered in pines from the tree, Cristiano joined Molly in the living room. "How was Junior today?" Cristiano asked her as he bent down to pick his son out of his seat. "Really good. He got a bunch of cuddles from Ana this morning" Molly smiled as she continued to lift things from the box.

"So you had a nice time with Ana then?" Cristiano asked. "She just popped by to see how we were" Molly said. "That's nice" Cristiano replied. "Your mother watched him while I was setting all of this up. I think he missed you though" Molly smiled as Junior giggled as his father tickled him. "I missed him too" Cristiano said. "I found the ladder" Nuno said came into the room in different clothes to the ones he had on only moments ago. "She made me change" he muttered to Cristiano who smiled.

Molly moved to climb the ladder when Cristiano called her name. "What?" she asked him. "You are not climbing that ladder" he said. "How else am I going to get the lights up to the top?" she asked him. "Nuno can do it" Cristiano said. "You do it" Nuno said. "And have him fall and break a leg. Hell no. I am not listening to Jorge if that happens. Not to mind having to care for him" Molly said. "I bet you would look good in a nurses uniform Mols" Nuno smirked and she rolled her eyes.

"Nuno just put the lights around the tree" Cristiano snapped trying not to picture Molly dressed as a nurse. "The cookies better be worth all of my helping" Nuno mumbled as he climbed the ladder. "I told him that I would make him Christmas cookies. Seriously did you really think he was helping without getting something for him in the process?" Molly asked Cristiano. "You never know with him" Cristiano replied.

A while later and with both Nuno and Cristiano's help, Molly had completed decorating the tree. The red and gold babbles along with the tiny trinkets she had found online made the tree look wonderful Cristiano had thought. "Now all we have to do is switch the lights on" Molly smiled. "Oh Molly, the front looks gorgeous" Dolores exclaimed as she entered the room. "What did you to the front?" Cristiano asked. "You'll - find out soon" he finished for her.