Chapter 10- This Is The Hardiest Thing

"There you are" Irina said standing when Cristiano re-entered the waiting room. "I don't think I should go" he said. "Nonsense you need a shower, something to eat and a break from this horrible place" Irina said. "You'll be five minutes away Cris" Katia said. She knew her brother needed a break though she wasn't as pushy about taking one as Irina was.

"Here's the key. It's on the third floor. The sooner you go the sooner you'll be back" Nuno said handing him the key. "I'll be back in twenty minutes" he told them all. "Babe let's go" Irina said opening the door. "Phone me not matter what it is. Ok" he told Nuno who nodded. "I will" Nuno replied. "I...I just" Cristiano stammered. "I'll make sure she's ok until you get back" Nuno said knowing he knew it was Molly he was referring to.

"I really don't think I should go" Cristiano said. "Come on" Irina said tugging at her boyfriend's arm. "I really don't think I should go Irina" Cristiano said as the two of them neared the hospital front door. "Junior doesn't even know you are even there. He won't notice" she said as she reapplied her lipstick. "Why are we going out the front?" he asked. "Oh just ignore the paps. This way is quicker babe" she said. The cameras started to flash as the two step out into the open.

"Ronaldo, how is your son? Ronaldo when will you play football again? Ronaldo where's your baby mama" the paps shouted as Cristiano and Irina made their way through the throng of people surrounded by a bodyguard. "Ronaldo why lie about his mother? Irina did you know the truth? Irina are you angry with Ronaldo" the paps kept shouting. "Stupid bastards" Cristiano snapped when they got into the lobby of the hotel. "Just ignore them" Irina said. "Let's find this bloody room and get back to the hospital" he said as he went in search of the elevators.

They got to the room and Cristiano found a suitcase of his clothes on the bed. He pulled his shirt over his head and threw it on the floor. "Shout for me if this rings" he said holding up the phone in his hand before placing it on the bed. "I won't be long in the shower" he said. "Babe relax" Irina said walking towards him.

"I just want to get back to Junior" he sighed. "And you will" she smiled wrapping her arms around his neck. "You're so tense. You need to relax" she said placing a kiss on his cheek. "I need to have a shower" he said moving her arms off his neck. "Why don't I help you relax?" she smirked moving her hands up and down his chest and down to his belt. "Irina, my son is in hospital. Sex is the last thing on my mind" he snapped before storming off to the bathroom.

Irina left out a huff before she noticed the phone on the bed. She took it in her hand and gripped it hard once she noticed the picture which Cristiano had as his lock screen. A picture of Junior as the background. Junior with Molly beside him making faces. She pressed a button as her nostrils seethed with anger and she turned the phone to silent and dropped the phone on the bed. "You were quick" Irina said ten minutes later as Cristiano appeared from the bathroom with just a towel around his waist.

"Did my phone ring?" he asked. "No. Now I packed a few different choices for you" she said standing one of the couches in the room. "It doesn't matter what you packed" he said as he took a pair of briefs from the case. He began to cough as he pulled a pair of jeans on. "I'll get you a drink" Irina said moving. "I'm fine" he said. "Just sit down for five minutes please" she said. "Fine" he sighed rubbing his eyes. He moved to lay on the bed as Irina filled a glass with a nearby bottle of water. "I just want this nightmare to be over" Cristiano muttered as he rested his arm over his eyes. "It will be soon" Irina replied as she took a tablet capsule out of her pocket.