Chapter 30- Let's Get You Two Back Home

Molly stared at the ceiling of her bedroom. The sun was starting to creep in through the curtains indicating it was morning time. She sighed rolling onto her side. The sound of her phone ringing made her jump and she quickly turned onto her other side to reach for her phone. Her panic lowered once she saw the caller ID.

"Hello" she said into the phone. "Good morning Molly" Cristiano said. "It's a bit early for phone calls Cristiano" she told him. "Why? You were awake anyway" he told her. "There's no point in denying so" she said laying onto her back. "It's finally time" he said. "I know" she sighed. "Mols you heard the doctor yesterday. Junior is more than fine to come home. He'll be home in a few hours" he said. "I wish it was sooner" she said. "You know I could- Do not dare" she warned interrupting him. "Not dare what?" he asked.

"Skip the match. It's your first one back since all of this Cristiano. Really as sweet as it is that you would, there's no need. A couple of more hours waiting to bring him home isn't too bad" she said. "It was just an option. Or you could bring him home during the match" he said. "Might as well wait for you sure" she said and he laughed. "Thanks Mols" he said. "How come you're awake so early?" she asked. "Thinking" he replied. "Oh ya that's a first" she joked. "Very funny" he said. "What are you thinking about?" she asked fixing the sheets around her.

"How close we came to losing him" he sighed. "That's not thinking Cristiano. That's torturing yourself" she said. "And?" he asked. "I thought we agreed not to do that to ourselves anymore" she said. "I guess" he sighed. "Are you ready for the match?" she asked trying to direct their conversation away from Junior's hospitalization. "I'm always ready" he said. "The pressure is on now. They did so well without you. You'll have to remind people that you exist" she joked.

"They'll know I exist when I score you a goal" he said. "You sound so confident you'll score" she said. "Want to make a bet on me scoring?" he asked. "I'll pass thanks" she said. "Did Nuno get everything you needed yesterday?" Cristiano asked. "Ya I didn't pack much so he didn't have much to carry" she told him.

"Molly bring whatever you need" he told her. "I am. There's no point in bringing everything anyway" she told him. "Why not?" he asked her. "Cos I won't be back there for long" she said. "There's no rush. So are you heading to the hospital soon?" he asked her. "In a little bit ya. Elma and Nuno are collecting me. I'll sort everything with the doctors and be ready to leave when you come this evening" she told him.

"Maybe you should just bring him home without me" he said. "Why?" she asked sitting up a little in the bed. "The press won't expect him to leave if I'm at the match" he said. "The press aren't going to go away anytime soon Cristiano. No we are waiting for you" she told him. "We're bringing him home" he said. "Yes" she said. "He's actually coming home Mols" he said. "Thank God he is" she smiled. "Go get some more sleep. I'll see you in a few hours" he told her. "See you later. Show them who's worth 85 million" she smiled. "As you say Mols" he laughed and the line went dead.

Molly tried and failed to get any more so sleep so she decided to get up and ready for the day. She was just putting on her boots when she heard a knock on the door. She frowned wondering who could be coming to visit. The knock kept coming and coming and it was starting to annoy Molly. "Ok ok I'm coming" she yelled as she made her way towards the door of her apartment.

"Bout time. And Nuno said you'd be waiting for us by the door" Zé said as he slipped past Molly and into her apartment. "Ahm hello Zé" she said as her eyes followed the man as he walked down the hallway. "Hey Mols" she heard Nuno say and she turned to see him coming towards the front door. "What are you doing here?" she asked him. "Oh thanks. I feel so welcomed" he joked. "Good morning Nuno. It's lovely to see you as always. Though you're lucky I was already out of bed or I'd be kicking your ass for bringing Zé and letting him bang on my door" she said as Nuno shut the door after him.