like a family

London POV

Marshall gets in the front seat and I sit in the back with ronnie. I pull him into my arms and his body jerks with each sob. I just hold him and rub his back, I don't talk because I know nothing I say will ever make this okay. He's hurting and I can't fix it. He eventually falls asleep in my arms, and I wipe the salty tears from his face. His hair is starting to turn brown again, I wonder if he still wants it blonde. We pull up to the house and I have Marshall carry him to his room. I follow behind and put my ipod in the dock, and click on Ronnie's playlist. Its the calmer songs of Marshall's and Ronnie always wants to listen to them when he's upset. But, no matter how many eminem songs Ronnie listens to nothing will ever fix this.

I walk out of the room and go sit on my bed putting my head in my hands. I feel arms wrap around me and jerk up to see its Marshall.

"Marshall...I cant do anything," tears start to burn my eyes, threatening to fall.

"Angel yes you can you can be there for him."

"No I can't! There is nothing I can say or do to fix this!"

"I know that, but you are there for him and that will help."

"No it won't Marshall, he's been through hell and back and just when he's finally happy everything is ripped away from him. He's just a kid Marshall, he shouldn't have to live with this."

Marshall POV

I knew she would be upset but this is breaking my heart. She falls on her knees and starts sobbing.

"Angel please," I beg her. I wrap her in my arms and rock her back and forth, I can feel the back of my eyes start to pinch at the sight of her like this.

"I can't help him. He shouldn't have to live with this. He's a kid...a fucking kid Marshall! Why would someone put that kind of misery on a child? He's a good kid, he deserves to be normal, not have to grow up like this."

I sit there and listen to her, I know how she's feeling, in a sense. I used cry like this when Hailie was younger, how I didn't have enough money to provide for her, how I wasn't the dad she deserved, and I couldn't give her the life she deserved.

"Angel, honey, please come on. Look at me," I tilted her face towards mine. Her eyes were tinged with red, and her eyes were a clear, violent blue. I wiped the tears from her face, ands kissed her forehead.

"I know you hurt for him. But you're an amazing person and you're going to be a great parent figure in his life. There isn't anything you can do to fix this and that sucks. But you can make it a little easier by being there for him. He needs you, and he needs you to be strong. If he sees that you're crying because of him, it'll break his heart, trust me I've been there."

She nods and snuggles closer to me. She kisses my neck as she whispers, "thank you Marshall. For everything."

"Don't mention it baby. I'm here for you and I always will be." Always leaves my lips and my eyes grow wide. I've never said that to a girl before. Am I really always going to be here with her?

She looks up at me, "promise?"

And in that moment nothing else mattered. All that mattered was the girl in my arms that I loved more than I've ever loved anyone. The girl that makes me smile even when I'm angry, the one who when I yell at her she waits for me to calm down before talking. The one who loves my girls and treats them like normal kids, the one who takes in a kid with a horrible past and agrees to help him with out hesitation, just because she wants to give him a better life. The one who almost died for a kid who barely talked. The one who loved me even when I broke her heart, and despite my issues. And that's when I realized that nothing else really did matter, because the girl in my arms was The One.