show me-edited

London POV

"London, we need to talk."

Shit. Oh God. What happened.

"Um, okay?"

"I have to go on the road for a month or so."

"As in like touring?"

"Yeah, and I’ll call you every day to talk to you."

He fumbles with his fingers that are placed in his lap. I scoot closer to him on the couch and wrap my arms around him.

"I don't want to leave," he mumbles into my shoulder.

"Marshall, you'll come back. Besides, do you know how many lives you're going to make performing? You're fans love you so much."

"I know, I owe everything to my fans. But I'm going to miss the girls. I'm going to miss you."

"They'll miss you too honey. And they'll be right here when you get back."

"Will you?" His head lifts to look me in the eye.

"Yes Marshall. I will be right here when you get back. And everything can go back to normal."

"Promise?"

"I promise Marsh."

THREE WEEKS LATER

*buzz*

"Hey baby."

"Angel, my God I miss you," Marshall's voice crackles over the speaker.

“I miss you too baby. How is everything?"

"It’s good I'm tired but good."

I pull my jacket closer to my body. Detroit this time of year is uncaringly cold.

"And is...everything else okay?"

"Yeah? What's wrong?"

"No, I just worry about you. I've heard that sometimes you touring triggers..." I worry about him but I don't want him to feel like I'm treating him like a baby.

"My addiction? Yeah it does, but then I just look at my phone and feel better."

"Your phone?" I knew people grew attached to devices but damn.

"Yeah, the girls made this, like, slide show thingy and it shows pictures of you and them as my wallpaper."

"Awe Marshall that's adorable. And if you ever need me, to talk you down or anything you know I'm here right?"

"Yeah baby I do."

I hear a loud crash and jerk my head up to see the man in front of me ran into the magazine rack on the side walk.

Magazines are scattered everywhere, "babe? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. My lunch is almost up so I gotta go."

"Okay baby, I love you."

"Uh, yeah you too." My body feels numb as I bend over to pick up the magazine from the side walk. It can't be.

Marshall POV

I hang up the phone, London sounds different. Maybe she's just stressed, but I'm going to surprise her tonight. I'm not supposed to be home for another week but some shows got canceled and I was going to go to her place and make a date night for us.

I hop off the plane and get into my car that was parked at the airport. I drive to her house and unlock the door. Taking off my jacket I lay it down on the table by the door.