contentment-edited

Marshall POV

The girls came home a few minutes after I finished my shower. London is laughing and joking with the girls, it’s a great sight. Her face is flushed, and she's laughing so hard she's bracing herself against the wall, Hailie is on the floor rolling with Whitney and Laney is bending over holding her stomach. I smile at the sight.

London controls her laughter until it’s just a few giggles and looks at me. I wink at her and walk into the kitchen. I set the pizzas on the counter and jump when I feel a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Jeez you scared me angel."

"I'm sorry; you just looked so sexy I couldn't stay away."

I raise an eyebrow, "how do I look sexy?"

"Your basketball shorts and your cutoff shirt show your toned body and not to mention your tattoos."

"My tattoos?"

"Yeah, I think they're sexy."

"Even the ones about-"

"Kim? Yes even those Marshall," she smiles at me.

"But, why?"

"Because she was a big part of your life, and I respect her and that part of your life. At some point you loved her, maybe a part of you still does, but she made you happy in some way and I respect that."

"You- you have to be the most amazing woman I have ever met."

She chuckles and shakes her head, "how?"

"You just told me you respected Kim, the girl I was with for who knows how long. Most girls would hate her just based on that fact."

"I can't hate her if I don't know her. I hate the things she did to you, but I also know that you weren't perfect either."

My heart swells, and that may seem weird considering what we're talking about, but she's nothing like I've ever seen before. She's soft and quiet, but protective and respectful. I love her so much.

"I love you London."

"Haha, I love you too Marshall. Now come on I'm hungry." She pecks my lips and gets everyone plates.

"Girls come in here!" I want them to pick out a movie. "Will you guys take London and pick out a movie?"

"Sure dad," Whitney says and runs off to find her.

Laney and Hailie linger, "is something wrong?"

"We just wanted to tell you that we like her," laney says before walking away.

"Dad, you know how I am about trust, especially with your friends, but I really like her."

"Yeah I do too Hails. I do too."

London POV

The girls drag me into the living room to pick out a movie. I scan and scan, not seeing anything that I want to watch. And then I see it, grinning I hold it up to Hailie and she nods in approval.

Whitney sees the movie and runs down the stairs screaming "ya-ya! Ya-ya! Ya-ya! "

I race down after her and we all sit down in the living room, Hailie is spread out on the love seat, Whitney and Laney made a fort in the floor and Marshall and I have the couch to ourselves. We ate our pizza and then watched "the divine secrets of the ya-ya sisterhood". I laughed the whole time and even heard Marshall laugh a few times.

I'm sitting on the couch with my legs over Marshall's. He's drawing shapes on my legs with his fingers as we talk. The girls are asleep and we just talk for the longest time.

Marshall drags his fingers up my thigh and to my hip before he lifts me up to straddle him.

"London I love you."

"I love you Marshall."

"Promise?"

"Yes baby, I promise." I lean forward and kiss him.

"You know...the girls really like you."

I smile, "oh thank God. I was so scared they wouldn't like me."

"Nah, everyone loves you."

I bury my head in the nook of his shoulder, and for the longest time we just sit there.

Hey guys. So we broke a thousand this morning so I wrote this as a reward. Sorry if its sucky. But thank you to all of you who commented yesterday when I had a glitch. I love it when you guys comment it makes me feel amazing. And thanks for all of you who went back and voted as well. I wouldn't be this far without you. Much love!
Xoxo
-me