safe, loved, even just for a moment-edited

Marshall's POV

"Ronnie did see him. Ronnie saw his dad."

"What?”

"I got a call from Ronnie's parents; they said he was having a panic attack. When I got there he told me he saw his dad, and he pointed to his heart. I thought it was just ... i thought he had just imagined it..."

"What did he mean by 'tell him I’m sorry'?"

"His dad used to beat Ronnie, that's how I met Ronnie. The day you met me he was trying to hurt Ronnie, that's why i was so mad. He's apologizing for hurting Ronnie that day."

"Wait, why is he apologizing?"

“That’s how it always was. He would hit him and yell at him when he was drunk, and when he sobered up, he felt guilty. It really messed with Ron's head; it took me a while to convince him that i wasn't going to hurt him ever. That’s also why i don’t drink, i promised him that i wouldn't, not that i did before but it helped him to hear it."

"Oh," i couldn't think of anything else to say. I felt bad for Ronnie. I reached over and pulled London into my arms. We sat on the floor wrapped in each other, not saying anything for a long time. I brushed my hand up and down her arm, I knew she was worried for Ronnie, his reaction; but I was too caught up in holding her, enjoying the moment, to think of anything to say. I tried to memorize the feel of her in my arms. The way they fit so well around her, she was so small. The way the weight of her head felt on my shoulder, I tried not to shiver at her warm breath on my neck. I can feel her soft hands tickling the back of my neck as she plays with my hair. She’s so warm, I start to hum a song under my breath and before long i feel her body relax as she falls asleep.

I lean down and grab her underneath of her legs and pick her up. I walk up her stairs and push her bedroom door open with my foot. I lay her on the bed and pull the blanket over her. Straightening up i glance around her room; the walls are done is chalkboard paint and she has millions of quotes written on it, along with a few flowers she’s drawn here and there. She has stacks of books all around the room. She has classics along with newer ones. Her bed sheets are red and white, her long hair is splayed out on the pillow, her legs pulled up to her stomach. She looked so beautiful; my thoughts are interrupted when i feel my phone buzz in my pocket.

Hailie: hey, mom just picked me up. I’ll see you next week, love ya daddy.

Me: okay, be careful baby, love you too.

Tucking my phone back into my jeans i walk over and kiss London on the head. Turning around i walk out of her room and crack the door behind me. Jogging down the stairs i lock the door behind me. When i reach my truck, i turn back to look at her dark house, wishing i could run back to her. Forcing myself to turn around, i get in and drive away with a heavy feeling in my chest.

London POV

The sun light hits me in the face and wakes me up. Groaning i turn over and start thinking about last night, the first thing that comes to my mind is going to Ronnie's and talking to him. The second is me falling asleep in Marshall's arms, sitting up i slide off my bed and walk downstairs. He isn’t here, and there isn’t a note or anything. Oh, well, i shouldn’t have expected anymore of him.

After i get ready, i drive to Ronnie's place.

"Hey Ronnie i need to talk to you."

He comes in and sits next to me on the couch; i pull my legs under me so i can face him.

"Ronnie, i got a note from your dad last night."

"I don’t care anymore. He doesn't matter to me."

I smile at him, "Ron, I’m really proud of how far you've come."

"Yeah well, i couldn't have done it without you."

I hug him, before leaving. Sitting in my car, i finally have time to think about last night. it felt so good to be with Marshall, i felt safe, loved. Even though he didn’t love me. I shake my head to try and get rid of the tears welling up in my eyes as i drive home.

hey guys. sorry i havent updated in a while, and sorry for the grammar and spelling stuff. but so uh thanks for reading i love all of you! s/o to @shady_until_my_dying_day for giving me the motivation to write again. my finals will be over on teusday, so im hoping to get a lot of writing done. much love!

xoxo

-me