Scorpio- The Jealous Scorpion

You had the day off work and seeing it was such a beautiful day you wanted to spend it outside. Walking down a busy street in the city you bumped into some familiar faces; a couple of guys you knew back from school. They were the known as the prankster duo always getting up to one thing or another; you were the only one who understood them and as such got along well with them. It seems they grew up to be rather handsome, a complete change from how they use to look.

You immediately hit it off with them, catching up and talking about old times and what they have been up to since you last saw them.

However… Little did you know you were being watched. Just a few feet away was Scorpio standing behind a light pole- like a light pole would even cover much but let's not mention anything or he may get grumpy- standing behind the light pole and completely visible, Scorpio watched you with a frown, the wrinkles on his forehead getting ever deeper.

Thankfully you had your back to him so you were completely oblivious as you talked to your old friends. Although Scorpio wasn't spared from the gaze of passerbys that would throw him a strange look like he was some weirdo, though, some didn't pay him any mind thinking he was just another lunatic you see in the city and walked on by.

Scorpio really stood out in his punishments outfit. He had been flying by while out for work when he caught sight of you...talking to some strange guys. With his curiosity peaked and his jealousy brewing, Scorpio couldn’t simply just leave and be left to question it later, he had to do something, there was no way he was going to let some filthy human males get their grubby paws on you.

At first he simply observed as he leaned against the light pole that did nothing to cover him. Your friends would occasionally glance at him but also thought he was just some crazy guy who dresses funny and wore a permanent scowl.

Then it happened… You started to laugh and left yourself vulnerable in front of those strange men. Scorpio couldn’t believe you were being so friendly to these men you met on the street and told himself he'd have to have a talk to you about this later.

Angry, Scorpio jumped out from behind the light pole- which was completely pointless, he could have just walked...stomped up to them- after jumping from behind the light pole, Scorpio proceeded to storm up to you and your friends. You didn’t even have time to react as Scorpio forcefully yanked you to him and held you firm against his chest while sending your friends a threatening death glare- Scorpio’s deadliest weapon.

“H-Hey!” You yelped. Being held tight against his chest you couldn’t help but think of how well built he was beneath his clothes, ‘Scorpio's really muscles are firm…’  and the thought made you self conscious. Embarrassed you looked up and to your relief Scorpio looked to angry to have picked up on your thoughts. Then reality hit you and you realized what was going on, you had been sidetracked by his body briefly but now you were annoyed Scorpio interrupted you while you were having such a good chat with your old friends.

“Scorpio.”

“Stay away from my girlfriend. Don't even think about talking to her again.” Scorpio entirely ignored you as he growled at the two men like he was some rabid beast.

“Scorpio.”

“I saw the way you two looked at her. Disgusting. Keep your filthy thoughts to yourselves. She is not to be used in any of your deluded fantasies.” Scorpio went on and on like a broken record, letting out one insult after another.

Your friends started to look rather timid in face of the rampaging beast. “___, you have quite the boyfriend...hahaha…” They both started to laugh nervously.

You looked apologetically at the two of them and rolled your eyes towards Scorpio, completely exasperated.

“Tch. What did I just say?! Get out of here now!” Scorpio barked, infuriated they still attempted to communicate with you.

“O-Okay!” They both jumped at the tone of his voice and started to run away but not before looking back and saying, “Good luck, I think you are gonna need it. Cya!” They waved and ran off with Scorpio’s deadly glare following them until they were out of sight. You watched helplessly as Scorpio still had a firm hold on you not letting you escape.

“Filthy humans trying to take what's not theirs. Tch. This Is why I can't stand ‘em.”

“Scorpio!” You shouted in protest.

Scorpio finally seemed to hear you, turning towards you with a questioning gaze and his usual frown. “What? Why are you so grumpy?”

You sighed in exasperation and finally wriggled out of his grip, “They were my friends! Why did you have to go and treat them like some hungry beasts?!”

Scorpio clicked his tongue and folded his arms, “You sure are stupid. You didn’t even notice how they eyed you over.”

You immediately face palmed, “I grew up with them in school… There's no way they would be doing what you are thinking.” You said, continuing to sigh and shake your head.

Scorpio looked slightly taken aback, like he overreacted and let his jealousy get the better of him. But it was too late now, Scorpio kept up the act so as to not ruin his pride, “Tch. Anything is possible. Whatever. I've had enough of this.” Scorpio spat, looking rather grumpy with his mouth pursed and his nose wrinkled. Suddenly he grabbed your hand and pulled you close once more, “I don't care who it is, even if it was the other gods, I'll never let anyone take you away from me and if anyone dare tries I won't hold back no matter what.” Scorpio said and then proceeded to walk down the street, pulling you along but purposely keeping his face from view so you couldn’t see his red cheeks.

You then knew Scorpio felt bad for what he did and was probably embarrassed but knowing him you decided it was best to stay quiet and instead be content knowing Scorpio would fight the world if it meant keeping you by his side. His love for you really was a force to be reckoned with and it warmed your heart.