Rejection/Heartache- Ichthys

Ichthys loved your smile. Your laugh. The way your cheeks bloomed like a cherry blossom when you got shy. He loved everything about you. However, you were oblivious to his feelings.

Ichthys would always pull pranks on you as a way to get closer to you. He would tease you and ask you to hang out with him. All subtle attempts to spend time with the one he loved.

But little did he know you would break his heart...

"___....I...I have something I want to tell you." Ichthys was acting rather strange. He was fumbling about his words and his eyes kept traveling between yours and the ceiling.

"What is it?" You ask, slightly concerned by how he was acting.

Ichthys took a deep breath and determination filled his eyes, "I love you, ___." Ichthys sighs in relief after finally speaking what was on his mind.

However, you are struck speechless and don't know how to respond. You weren't expecting such a sudden confession but in truth it wasn't sudden, Ichthys had wanted to tell you for a long time.

You weren't ready for a relationship just yet. Of course you enjoyed spending time with him but you didn't even know if you felt the same way and you didn't want to say anything out of pity and speak false words.

"Ichthys... I'm sorry. I appreciate you feel that way but I'm not even sure how I feel." You explain your feelings in a shaky voice. It wasn't easy to see the crushing disappointment on his face after being rejected.

"I...I see." Ichthys face dropped to the ground, "That's...okay." Ichthys was undoubtedly crushed and overcome with disappointment.

"I'm sorry..." You are pained knowing it was you who made him feel this way. Deciding it was best for you to go you say goodbye to Ichthys and quickly head home as if to escape the uneasy atmosphere.

"Does she really not love me?" Tears filled Ichthys vision as he was overcome with a painful feeling in his chest.

Ichthys sat all alone in the heavens in a grassy field as he stared up at the starry sky. In his hands was a single jewel in the shape of a rose he had intended to give you but now It had no purpose but he couldn't bring himself to throw it away. He clung onto the hope that maybe some day you would return his feelings and then he would offer you the pretty jewel.

Ichthys heart ached for you and your love. All he wished was for you to love him back. But no matter how much his heart wished for it he couldn't make you love him. Ichthys couldn't help but think maybe he wasn't good enough for you or perhaps he was just too childish.

Even if you were to never return his feelings Ichthys would never stop loving you. His feelings would remain the same in hopes that you would one day be his. Until then he would watch you from afar and continue to love everything about you like he always has.