First Kiss- Altair & Vega

"The stars sure are pretty tonight."

"Yeah."

Altair and Vega had just sneaked out of the palace to spend some time together. They lay on the grass gazing up at the night sky. Both didn't know what to talk about and a uncomfortable awkwardness hung in the air.

"Vega?"

"Yes?"

Altair looks towards Vega and in doing so he nervously reachs out his hand and grabs her hand.

"A-Altair?" Vega was surprised by his sudden touch, her body flinching in response.

"I've wanted to tell you this for awhile now," Altair's eyes nervously dart about and his cheeks grow faintly pink, "but I-I l-like you."

"Altair..." Vega is temporarily left speechless, blinking a few times in surprise.

Altair's heart speeds up as he anxiously waits for her reply, he could hardly sit still.

"It took you long enough. I like you too." Vega smiled sweetly too him.

Altair's eyes grew wide from surprise and his mouth hung open. He couldn't believe it. Vega liked him too.

A grin spread across his face as he flung his arms around her and gently embraced her.

"I've liked you ever since we were little but was always too shy to tell you. I'm so relieved you feel the same way." Altair was incredibly relieved.

"You're so silly. Of course I've always liked you." Vega giggled.

Both of them looked into one another's eyes, happiness visible in their features. Faint blushes were spread over both of their cheeks. Young love was in the air.

"Vega...can...can I kiss you?" Altair shyly asked.

"Yes." Vega smiled.

Altair looked straight at Vega and moved in to kiss her when they were met with an unfortunate accident.

"Ow." Altair rubbed his nose while Vega simply giggled.

"You need practice." Vega teased him. In Altair's awkward attempt to kiss her they bumped noses instead.

"Hey, not like you are any more experienced." Altair sulks, still rubbing his nose.

"Stop sulking and just kiss me already." Vega grinned and prepared herself for another kiss.

She closed her eyes and waited for him to make his move and this time their lips finally found their way to each other. It was only a brief kiss but it was the sweetest thing in the world to them.