35

I knew this wasn't right, it just wasn't fucking right. Now we're stranded in the middle of nowhere, with no signal and nowhere to go. What do we do now? It's getting dark out and we have no idea where we are.

Okay Noah, calm down, you're with Shawn so you'll be fine. As I look to my left I see Shawn bending over the car hood, trying to fix the car. I grab my phone from my pocket and try to call Cameron multiple times but all the effort was in vain. "Shawn can I try to call someone on your phone?" I ask, desperately as I reach my hand out waiting for him to give me his phone.
He hands me his phone and I unlock it as fast as I can.

You might be thinking that I am overreacting now, but every person I know is acquainted with me being afraid of the dark. I try to call Cameron with Shawn his phone but as expected, it was a senseless act.

I turn around and without thinking I smash my fist against the car out of anger. Only seconds later I feel a pair of arms wrapped around me, trying to comfort me.
"Noah we'll be fine, I will fix the car as fast as I can, I promise. Just sit down in the car for a bit and don't overthink this too much. You're okay." And with that I nod at him and plop down in the passenger seat. He is definitely right, but I also can't help it but stress out in situations like this.

I turn on the radio to listen to some music and look at myself in the mirror. I have bags under my eyes, my skin is pale and my cheek bones are clearly visible. Shawn has been such a help, he is supporting me so much and it is honestly working. As I look at Shawn and then back into the rear view mirror my eyes widen.

"Shawn!" I yell as I get out of the car and run towards him. "Shawn, th-there is someone standing behind the car!" I whisper-yell while grabbing his arm tight.
He looks through the windshield only to see what I just saw. "Noah stay here, don't leave my side, okay?" He says, obviously trying to stay calm, but I can hear it through his voice. He is panicking too.

Only seconds later he closes the hood and tells me to get in the car. I run over to the passenger seat as he gets into the driver seat and he tries to start the engine. The car doesn't start and as I look into the rear view mirror I can see the shadow of this person coming closer. Shawn tries to start the car again, and again and then finally the engine starts. He drives away from the shadow, not knowing where we are going.

"Are you okay Noah?" He asks while quickly looking over at me and putting one hand on my thigh. I nod and tell him "yes, I am fine."

It's not a lie. I am fine, just a little shook. "Weren't you afraid Shawn?" I ask him. He couldn't be not afraid! Anyone would freak out in a situation like that. Right? "Of course I was, but I wanted you to feel save, Noah. I can't freak out in a moment like that because I know you'll be even more afraid of what's happening." I nod understandingly as I put my left hand on his.

He looks down at my hand and rubs his thumb against my skin. "Does your hand hurt? You hit the car pretty hard."

"It's nothing." I say looking down at my right hand that was now starting to bruise.

By the time we get home it's 9 P.M. On our way home we had to stop at a gas-station because we were running out of gasoline. So much for just a "lunch" we didn't even have dinner, not that it's a bad thing, for me. 

I go upstairs immediately and walk into my bathroom. While locking the door I notice that my hand is now bruised even more. Why did I have to do that, seriously, why?! I walk over to my sink, open the tap and let the cold water run over my bruised hand. It feels better immediately as the cold water touches my sore skin.

When I'm done I dry my hand with a towel and walk out of my room. I decide to check on what Shawn is doing so I softly knock on his door, waiting for him to give me permission to come in. "yes?" I hear from the other side of the door, so I walk in only to find Shawn laying in his bed watching some movie on Netflix.

 "Do you mind if I join you?" 

But before I even finish the sentence he already gestures for me to come over and lay next to him. A small smile appears on my face as I crawl into the bed and rest my head on his chest.
I run my fingers up and down his chest as I listen to his heartbeat. 
When I look up to Shawn I catch him staring at me and he gives me a quick smile. God, what did I do to deserve someone like him?

"Shawn, even though tonight ended up being a disaster, I still had fun with you so thank you for everything." 

As I look up to make eye contact again he grabs my face gently with both of his hand and then softly kisses me.