Chapter 25: Connor

I sat down on a brown rotten log. Noah called in the distance. He hasn't stopped calling since Ashley ran off. "How long have we been out here, two weeks?" I ask.

"We've only been out here for 2 days." Ethan replied annoyed.

"What's the difference?" I yelled.

"Guys shut up, we need to find Ash!" Jacob glowered as he pushed me to the side.

"Guys, I found a trail." Noah walked up to us, his voice dry and scratchy.

"About time!" I yelled as I started to get off the log.

Noah looked so tired. I doubt he slept at night. "Well let's stop standing here, let's go find Ash!" Ethan screeched.

"Okay." Jacob replied as he started walking.

Noah led us to a small dirt path. "Are you sure this is alright?" I asked concerned.

"Have any other ideas?" Noah replied.

I didn't say anything.

"That's what I thought." Noah said starting down the path.

"I miss Ashley so much, I was gonna try to be the hero I was going to save her from Chris, but no she saved herself. She would've fallen in love with me!" I whined.

"No stop joking yourself, plus she said she had a tracker in her arm so she just lead
us to safety, she is still in danger." Jacob replied harshly.

"I have a chance!" I said proudly.

Noah gave me an ice cold stare. A tired ice cold stare. We walked along the path for about 20 minutes until we found something. Two figures were on the ground, not dead, just sitting there. "Stay silent." Noah said strictly.

He brought his hand up. "What are you doing?!?" Jacob whispered loudly at him.

"I'm not aiming at them." Noah snapped.

He shot electricity toward the ground near the two figures. They quickly looked up at us.

"What in the world!" The tiny figure screamed.

"Noah?" The taller one said.

Noah bolted toward them. "Noah where are you going?" Jacob yelled.

The tall figure also ran to Noah.

"I missed you so much!" Noah screeched as he hugged the tall figure. I stepped forward and looked a little closer and saw the tall figure was a girl. It was Ashley!
"Oh my gosh Ashley!" I said as I raced toward her. She started to run towards me. I knew it was to good to be true because then she went right by me and hugged Jacob instead! The smaller girl was a couple yards away looking. She looked about eleven or twelve. She walked up to me and introduced herself.

"Hello! I'm Chrissy, and I love your hair!" She said as she reached up to touch my hair. Is this normal for little girls?

"Uh, thanks." I mumbled and backed away. She glared a smile at me then went over to Ashley.

"Who are these guys?" Chrissy asked her.

"That's Connor." She pointed to me. "Ethan, Jacob, and Noah."

"Nice to meet you all!" Chrissy said happily.

"How old are you?" Ethan asked. "Not to be stalking or anything."

"I'm twelve years old." Chrissy smiled. "Might I ask your ages?"

"I'm fifteen." Ethan said.

"Seventeen." Noah replied.

"I'm thirteen." I said.

"I'm sixteen." Ashley spoke from behind Chrissy.

"Wow have we ever told each other our ages before?" I asked. Ashley shook her head.

"I don't think so." All of a sudden we heard a rustle behind us.

"Good going." I heard a harsh whisper. Eve, Drake, and Chris stepped out of the bush

"Not again." Ethan sighed.

"Run!" Noah told us. Noah didn't run with us though. He shot electricity out of his hands and knocked the trio out. Chrissy stared in horror, her mouth open.

"Should I be afraid of that?" She asked me.

"Only when he's pointing at you." I replied. She laughed. I hadn't heard a laugh in a while.

"Glad I met you guys." She said.

"Nobody has made me laugh in ages." Noah turned around and started running with us. Jacob and Ethan were ahead of me, Chrissy was running right beside me Ash was on the other side of her and Noah was right behind all of us.

"Go left!" Noah yelled. Suddenly Jacob and Ethan raced around the corner then I heard a yelp.

"Is everything okay?" I yelled as I ran up the corner. Ethan and Jacob were stopped. The dog was there, the Sheepdog. Noah bumped into me.

"Ow!" I said rubbing my back. Noah got up and then he saw the dog.

"Snoozy?" He said. The sheepdog ran up to Noah.

"Where's Pepper?" Noah asked Snoozy. He must not understand he's talking to a dog. This is one of the reasons Ash should go out with me: her boyfriend is a psychopath! Suddenly Ethan gasped.

"The tracker." He spoke. That's all Noah needed to hear to turn to Ashley.

"We need to take your tracker out." Noah spoke sternly to Ash.

"No, we-"

"Yes we do." Noah interrupted Ashley.

"I already took it out." Chrissy stepped in. Noah looked blankly at her.

"We need to take it out now." Noah ignored Chrissy.

"No I literally took it out yesterday." Chrissy spoke up again.

"What's gotten into you Noah? Is this your way of saying we're breaking up? Yelling at me and interrupting me?" Ashley replied with a ice cold dead stare at Noah. Then she turned around and started walking.

"No, I didn't want you to get hurt!" Noah called to her. "I can't lose you again and again." Ashley turned around her eyes watering. Why does Noah always say the right words to get her back?! It's so annoying.

"I really hate when these things happen, and they happen all the time." Ashley wiped tears away.

"Is this what a relationship looks like?" Chrissy whispered to me.

"Sorta yeah." I whispered back.

"I was so happy to see you again." Ashley continued. "And I really don't want this to happen again." She walked closer to Noah.

"Me neither." Noah spoke.