Flying - 27

This is usually the part where the person cries because their babies (instruments)  just got taken away.

But I was just angry.

I huffed and sat up. For once in my life, I wasn't tired.

I shoved my hands and looked around the room wondering what to do.

Why? Just why?

I caught my eye on something in the corner of the room, to the left of me.

There, sat half out, half in of its case was my acoustic guitar. The only instrument left.

He couldn't of sold them all already though.

I picked it up carefully and zipped the case up. I put it up against the wall and looked around my room for something else.

I wasn't prepared to go all Rapunzel style with old clothes so instead I just risked it.

I made sure my phone was securely in my back pocket, grabbed my keys and attached the Golden Key to my door on the key chain.

I hooked it on an All Time Low wristband that I had in my wrist. Along with that wristband were a few other band ones.

I really needed to stop getting distracted.

I opened my window as wide as I could and looked in the opposite window. Nate wasn't there.

Phew.

I wasn't prepared for another lecture about the danger of doing what I was about to do.

I looked down between the gaps of her houses.

There was grass underneath which would be too hard. I had no idea how many metres I was from the ground.

Lucky for me, there was a bush that went around the side of the houses, in the gap.

It was too small for me but it was perfect for my guitar.

I opened the case to my guitar and went to my wardrobe. I picked a few old band tee's (I had many)  and stuffed them in the case. I thought that it would hopefully soften the landing.

See, I do listen in class.
I also like to take risks.

I rolled my sleeves of my burgundy hoodie up to my elbows.

I carefully picked up the case, which had the guitar in it and dropped it out of  my window.

Onto the bush.

I covered my eyes as soon as I let go of it. I sighed with relief as I heard the slight pat of it landing neatly on the bush.

I opened my eyes and took a deep breath.

I smiled to myself. I was indeed crazy.

I stook my head out of the window and carefully climbed out. Grabbing the bit of roof above me, I climbed out onto the small, outside window ledge.

It was a bit cold but I was more interested on how not to break my leg.

I closed my eyes but immediately opened them again as I heard a voice.

I darted my eyes towards the source.

"Brooke, what the heck are you doing!!" Nate said furrowing his eyebrows together. His voice was full of concern.

I wiggled my eyebrows at him and before he could object I jumped.

That few seconds of flying was all I dreamt of as a kid.