Ditched - 15

Brooke's POV

"Dad, mum, I'm going shopping. "
I shouted as I walked down the stairs.

Now that's something I'll never thought I'd say.

"Okay... Wait shopping." My mom's face appeared at the end of the hall.

"Relax, It's for band merch." I laughed  pulling on a pair of black boots.

"Oh, well have fun and don't be too long

"Oh, well have fun and don't be too long." My mom's smile faded a bit.

"Yeh, Yeh." I laughed, kneeling down and tieing my shoolaces before standing up and walking out the door waving to my mom.

I didn't have my driving license yet, however Leah did.

I walked down the step down the driveway , adjusting the beanie on my head.

30 seconds later I heard a beep as Leah pulled up in front of me.

I opened the front door taking a seat in the passenger seat.

"Is this your car? " I asked, shutting the car door to face Leah.

"Nope, my mom's."

Leah was wearing a Starbucks tee with light blue shorts and white converse. She had on a denim jacket that only went to three quarters of her arm where it had been rolled up at the end.

Her dark-blonde hair had been straightened and it seemed longer because of it.

"Ready to go?" She smiled at me.

"Wait, no first I have to ride my unicorns." I laughed slightly.

She raised one eyebrow at me.

"Joking." I said rolling my eyes.

"I don't have a unicorn yet."

"Yeh well buckle your seatbelt first." She said looking forward and turning the key to sound the engine.

"Okay mom. " I mumbled jokingly buckling my seatbelt.

The car rumbled and we jolted forward.

I hadn't seen much of California yet. I had only seen the park and everything that you see on the way to school.

I looked over at Leah.

Her eyes was focused on the road but you could tell her kind was focused on something else.

I wasn't going to ask. One, because It would make her feel uncomfortable. Two, I'm not really the kind of person who would ask anyone. I hate talking about feelings.

She had light brown eyes. There was a layer of brown eyeshadow on her eye lids, underneath a layer of eyeliner which made her eyes look bigger. Her eyelashes were covered in lots of mascara.