Pen tapping - 12

"So everyone, aren't you lucky, you have nearly two hours with me." Mrs Wilson smiled at the class.

I shook my head looking down at my shoes.

The luckiest girl in the world. Here I am with my favorite teacher.

Note the sarcasm there.

"Anyways, everybody can get back to work in the bit. I can't wait to see what everyone has came up with by next Friday." She smiled walking around the stage at the front.

I immediately looked up.

Next Friday? I didn't even know what we were meant to be doing.

"Oh and Miss Anderson." The teacher stared at me standing in the middle of the stage.

I looked at her.

"Hmm?"

"I expect you to do double the amount of work this lesson."

What?

She dismissed everyone to go to their partners.

"Nate, don't leave me." I pouted looking up at the boy who was grabbing his backpack.

He looked past me then looked back at me.

"Yeh well good luck!" He smiled and walked of.

He's so mean.

"Hey new girl."

There's only one person that calls me that.

I got up out of my seat glaring at the freak and her sidekicks.

"I have a name you know."

"Yeh whatever. So we are going to do this my way." She waved off the two girls standing behind.

They were obviously frightened off her.

"No you are going to do it your way. I ain't." I glared at her, pointing my finger at her.

"No we are doing this my way new girl." She smiled sarcasticly at me.

"You may control the whole school but you aren't controlling me." I folded my arms.

"I don't control anyone, you are the one suddenly going to this school , begging for attention. " She examined her nails.

"Really, says the one wearing a skirt too short and makeup that makes you look like a clown." I gritted my teeth.

"You are going to regret saying that, I can make your life a misery." She snarled stepping closer to seem intimidating.

"Oh it was already a misery as soon as I saw your face!" I snorted , it was the best I could come up with at the time.

I grabbed my backpack and threw it over my shoulder.

I walked up to the teacher.

"Yeh, I'm not being partners with her."

She looked at me surprised.

"Why's that?"

"Because she's a stupid-" I started explaining making it obvious.

"Miss Anderson-" She yelled.
She looked around realising she had at least 20 pairs of eyes staring at her. She quietened her voice.

"If you don't want to work with her, pick someone else to work with."

I scanned the room.

"Fine, whatever." I mumbled. I was kind of hoping she would say that I didnt have to do the work.