LXVII- The Branding Ceremony #1

Start from the beginning

"Indianna, you're strong. You're so strong, much more than me. You can get through this," Laura said firmly. "I know you can."

Indianna gulped and glanced at the dress. "I'll wear it. Thank you, Laura."

Laura smiled and hugged Indianna. "Stay strong, dear."

Indianna nodded. "I'll try."

"Greyson needs you," Laura said. "He will crumble without you. You complete him, Indie. I've never seen him care for someone like he does for you. He loves you so much."

"I know he does."

"You love him too, don't you?"

Indianna nodded. "Too much, even after all the lies."

"You're going to get through this," Laura said. "You and him. You'll get through Rogue. He'll be stopped."

"He has to be."

*

"You look lovely," Brooke called, stopping at Indianna's door. "The dress is beautiful."

"It was Laura's," Indianna said and looked at her reflection in the mirror. She ran her hand down the lace and took a deep breath. "You're in white too. Are you being branded as well?"

Brooke swallowed and walked into Indianna's room. She sat on her bed and Indianna sat next to Brooke. "If you're doing it then I am," Brooke said. "I've put it off for so long. Harry and I spoke and I've decided to do it. I can't let Rogue hold me back any longer."

"What has he got to do with this?" Indianna wondered, her brother's name sending chills down her spine.

"You know he kidnapped me and raped me. He had me for a week, and you know how he likes to make his claim on people." Brooke looked to Indianna's wrist. "He's scarred you multiple times."

"He's marked you?" Indianna gasped.

"In the same way it's done at the Branding Ceremony," Brooke mumbled.

"Oh my gosh, Brooke!"

"I'm fine," Brooke said and shook her head. "I put off the Branding Ceremony for a year because I was too scared. It would just remind me off him, but I need to be strong. We all need to be strong. The pack needs to be united if we want to take him down. I've got to do this."

"Only if you're ready," Indianna said.

"I'll never be ready," Brooke admitted and laughed humourlessly. "Will you?"

Indianna shook her head. "No, but we have each other."

Brooke reached for Indianna's hand. "Always," Brooke grinned and in an instant the fear that was on Brooke's face vanished. Like usual she hid her worry. Her pain.

"Girls."

Indianna felt like she wanted to puke when she heard Greyson's voice. The air in the room suddenly got thicker and the tone turned darker.

"It's time."

Indianna and Brooke looked to their mates as they walked into the room. They were both dressed in grey and looked somber. Neither of them wanted to see their mate in pain.

Indianna reached for Greyson's hand eagerly when he approached her and she melted into his chest, needing to feel the sparks to help calm her. Greyson wrapped his arms around his mate and held her tightly, closing his eyes and savouring the moment of peace.

"Ready?" He murmured and Indianna shook her head.

"No," she mumbled.

"We've got to go," Greyson said and gently pulled Indianna forward, following Harry and Brooke out of her room.

The pack house was empty as they walked through and slowly made their way outside into the cold, dark night. Indianna heart was pounding in her chest and she could tell that Brooke wasn't feeling any better than her.

Rogue had already branded her.

He may not have deserved to be forced to become a rogue, but they didn't justify his actions.

He was pure evil.

The two pairs of mates were silent as they walked through the woods to were the Branding ceremony would take place. They eventually got to a clearing in the woods that was sheltered by a large canopy. Fires surrounded the area, lighting it up and illuminating everyone. The pack members where in a circle, all dressed in grey, and they created a path to let Greyson, Indianna, Harry and Brooke through. In the centre of the circle there was a large sterile table.

Indianna froze and clutched Greyson's hand in fear, but he gently pulled her towards the centre.

"Welcome!" Greyson called and a hush fell over the pack. "In grave times we need to unite, stay strong. Tonight we gather to welcome three members to our pack. Ellie, she is a victim of the cruel world and I'm glad we can offer her a place of safety and hope. Our Warrior's mate, Brooklyn Fox has decided to be branded tonight. It is taking her great courage to go through with this as Rogue has scarred her, mentally and physically. And lastly, my mate and your Luna, Indianna, is going to be branded tonight. We are a pack. We are strong and united. We will fight back against Rogue and make him pay for his crimes. When your Luna is branded we will be complete. We will fight Rogue. Together."

"And we will succeed," Indianna whispered.

Murmurs of agreement spread across the pack and soon those murmurs turned to cheers, some enthusiastic, some angry, but it was clear everyone stood together against one enemy. Everyone was prepared to fight.

"Silence," Greyson said calmly. Indianna doubted he could be heard over the shouts, but the pack went silent immediately. "Let's begin." Greyson's eyes scanned the ground and he eventually saw Ellie. She was putting on a brave face, but she was stopping her hands from shaking by clutching her white dress tightly. "Come forward."

Ellie shakily stepped forward, away from a middle aged pack member who had become a mother figure to Ellie. Her and her mate couldn't have children, so they had welcomed Ellie with open arms. She had finally found somewhere she belonged.

"Lie on the table," Greyson instructed and Indianna walked over to Brooke and the girls held each other's hand tightly. Ellie slowly laid on the table and Greyson walked up to her. He lifted her dress to reveal her hip and then turned to Ace who was standing beside one of the many burning fires.

Indianna and Brooke both tensed when they saw Ace was holding a large iron rod over the fire. On the end of the rod was the brand. It was simple, it was just a W in a circle, representing the Warrior Pack. Greyson nodded and Ace passed the rod to him. Ellie squeezed her eyes shut when she saw the rod and Indianna found herself rushing over to Ellie, taking her hand comfortingly, trying to support the 13 year old girl.

"You're going to be fine," Indianna whispered and Ellie turned her head so she was looking at Indianna and away from the rod. "Be brave, Ellie."

Ellie gulped and nodded. "I a-am."

"Just look at me, pay attention to me, only me," Indianna said softly and caught Greyson's eye.

"Ellie," Greyson said gravely. "As your Alpha, I officially welcome you to the pack." With that Greyson pressed the burning iron rod into Ellie's skin, just below her hip.

"I'm brave," Ellie whimpered before an ear piecing scream tore through her lips.