Chapter 44//"Conner, you're a bit confused so I'll enlighten you. I'm a female"

I loved car, bus, train, and any sort of journey especially long ones. I found it relaxing as you slowly moved forward and you could be comfortable watching the plants pass by you.

"Hey Em you ready for this boring museum trip" I ask her as I fix my bag strap on to my shoulder.

For some reason coach was the one taking us on this trip, I didn't know if he knew anything about History. Actually he didn't know anything about it, he just offered to take the class because there was a huge pay bonus if you were the teacher taking a class of 20 to a boring museum of History.

"Here" I call out my name as coach goes through the list in his extremely loud voice. Does he not realize that we're not on the field anymore and he doesn't have to keep blowing his whistle to get our attention?

"At least I have you to keep me company" I smile at Emily.

It was a thing people did, where the only way we make conversation is by pretending we hate something we love.

Like people who love English pretend they hate it, when actually they love the subject. It was something you have done once in your life. Or pretend to like a certain food just cause someone else doesn't like it.

"Yeh about that..." she begins and I give her a hard look. There was no way she was ditching me.

"Mate what do you mean your sitting next to Melanie, can you not be without a fuck buddy for 15 minutes" Conner shouts at Aiden.

"My name is Emily and we're not fuck buddies, we're friends, ever heard of one Conner, you should get some" Emily puts her hands on her hips and leans towards Conner angrily.

I give Aiden a death stare, oh I knew what him and Emily were up to and it was not happening. I was not going to ask Conner Ryder out.

If only winter took history she would slap some sense in to Emily right now.

By the look on Conner's face he didn't looked thrilled about the idea of sitting next to me which makes my heart sink. Really what was so bad about sitting next to me? It's not like I smelt bad. I smelt like a mix of vanilla and coconut. Thank you Victoria secret for not only creating the greatest underwear but also the greatest scents.

I didn't want to sit next to him, because I may or may not pretend to faint on his lap. Or pretend that I was going to be sick unless he wrapped his strong arms around me.

"What are you smiling at, you can't be happy about this arrangement?"

"Of course I'm not happy Conner" I make my face expressionless.

There it was again saying the opposite of what you actually meant. If only people were honest, the world wouldn't contain so many stories about heartbreak.

"See you at the museum Quarterback, catch you later Cress" Aiden winks at Conner, who's face was currently unamused.

For some reason it felt like a heartstring was being pulled inside me. He called Conner the quarterback. That was Elliott's position. Sometimes if felt like Elliott was a memory I still didn't understand how people were moving forward.

"We have shit friends" He sighs running a hand through his hair.

Agreed.

"Yeh I know they're so stupid for thinking that we could like each other" I laugh but even I could here the nervous tone in the back of my laugh.

He turns to look me in the eyes with his light blue eyes.

Did I say something wrong?

My eyes divert away from his and my gaze runs along his strong jaw line.