Chapter 44//"Conner, you're a bit confused so I'll enlighten you. I'm a female"

Start from the beginning

I force myself to look at the floor, I hold my breath trying to stoop myself form blushing.

Did I have to check him out so bluntly?

There was an awkward moment of silence.

"Ah two of my favorite people" I jump at the sound of that voice. I turn around to see coach standing behind us.

"You two are sitting at the front of the bus together" He announces.

"Why" Conner and I shout simultaneously.

"The Football Captain and the head Cheerleader both represent our school. You have been given these rolls and this is another responsibly that comes with it"

I continue to listen to coach talk a whole load of bullshit.

The only reason I could understand why he was doing this was because he wanted to embarrass us.

"You never made Aribella and Elliott sit together" I point but then again coach absolutely hated Aribella.

"Elliott Grayson, never listened to anyone, and Aribella is a airhead. Ryder and you are a perfect representation of this school"

Oh god, coach ships Conner and me together.

I shake my head not even bothering to argue any longer and walk towards the entrance of the coach.

"You first blondie" Conner says like a gentleman, as we were both about to climb up on to the coach.

"Don't call me blondie," I shout at him. I try and kick my leg backwards in a donkey like motion. Instead I nearly fall backwards off the bus.

Smooth Cress.

I take the second set of seat from the front and sit beside the window as Conner drops himself beside me.

Our shoulders were just centimeters from touching and his lemony musky scent was everywhere? Does this boy not realize the effect he has on girls?

Yet I don't know a single girl that has kissed Conner before me. Though he's probably had many, he just doesn't flaunt them around.

I shuffle in my seat trying to get comfortable. You know that feeling where your bra is practically falling off under your school uniform. Yes, well that was the horrible thing I was experiencing right now, and I was trying to subtly fix it.

My shoulder knocks in to Conner's and he raises an eyebrow at me. 
"Do you have a problem?"

Yeh, can you fix my bra for me like just tighten the strap.

But I obviously didn't say that.

"No" I mutter

Students climb on to the coach, Ryan looks in my direction and winks at me with his blue eyes. I bend down to unlace my shoe ready to throw it at his face. I never miss.

That was until Conner grabs my wrist stopping me from doing anything stupid.

"Don't let him get you to you, you don't need to retaliate, everyone already knows you have standards higher than him"

"I dated his half brother, my standards are currently very low"

"It was obvious you and Elliott weren't meant to be. Elliott needed someone just as insane as him and so far I have never met anyone that's fit that bill"

That's when the coach takes a sharp right and I practically launch in to Conner. My shoulder hits in to his again and then I place mistakenly place my hand on his leg trying to stop myself form falling out this seat.