Chapter 39

I'm losing interest in this story- I feel like I'm just writing it to finish it, and not for the plot line itself. The chapters will be shorter, but the book will be longer. No sequel. I'm sorry. But, If you're interested in another book, I have one finished already. It's a Harry Potter book and I like it. (it might just be because I'm the creator of my character and J.K. Rowling is a goddess, but that's fine)

Skye

Regret formed in me in new ways. 

I can't believe I let it slip.

I sat up from the park bench where I laid down on for a while.

"Hey." 

I turned to see Max.

"What do you want?"

"To let you know that it's going to be okay. That you're going to be okay."

I sighed. "How can you say that? How can I believe you?"

"Because I like you." 

My eyes widened.

"I like you a lot, and I won't let anything bad happen to you."

I was about to answer, but something, or someone in this case, interrupted me.

"Skye!" It was Zoe.

"Hey, Zoe." I said, standing up and walking away from Max and towards her.

"I-I believe you. I confronted Bri about it, and I automatically knew it was her. I'm sorry for not believing you at first."

"It's fine. I-I just want to go to bed and get some rest."

"Let me take you." Max said. "It's the least I can do."

I looked at him, debating how I should answer.

"No, I think we need some girl time. Adam's on his way to get Bri out of the picture, and so we can stay at my apartment."

I nodded, my throat beginning to hurt after talking so much.

"I think I need a girls night." I said.

"We'll talk later?" Max asked.

I nodded. "Of course."

Once Max walked out of hearing distance, Zoe spoke.

"What just happened between you two? You're explaining everything at my house! How did you know it was Bri? Did it come in a flashback? Did you know all along? Why would Bri and REd kissing affect you? Do you like him? Does he like you? What's Adam going to do to Bri?"

"Zoe! Relax." I laughed. "I'll explain later. But for now, I just need to watch a sappy romance movie and eat my feelings in ice cream."

"So feelings are involved." Zoe said, wiggling her eyebrows.

I laughed. "I guess so."