Chapter 24

NOTE 

It is only Red talking in this chapter.

Red

I walked into Skye's hospital room.

"Hey, Skye." I started to say.

It was weird to say that with no response back.

"So, I don't know if you can hear me, but I have a feeling that if you could, it's a little lonely in your mind. And, I don't think you should stay in your mind for too long."

"We both know what happens when you do that."

"I don't know why I thought to come in here. I knew I should, just in case you can hear me, but I know that's unlikely."

I paused.

"I just want to know that you're going to be okay."

My voice started to break.

"You could be paralyzed, you know."

I heard a series of loud footsteps along with a yelling and the sound of wheels hitting the floor.

It must be someone else coming into the hospital.

"God, people in here are dying."

"I just hope that you're not one of them."

"Well, if you can hear me, this is what's happening. You fell out of a window. Or, you were pushed, actually. But we don't know by who. We think its either Zoe or Bri. But again, we don't know by who."

I paused.

"I can't do this." I said quietly.

I took a deep breath, letting a tear fall down my face.

"When you fell, you got glass stuck in your back. Luckily, it was only a two story fall."

"But, the doctors don't know why you're not waking up."

I looked down for a few minutes, then started talking again.

"When you got to the offices, I had no idea how to think of you. But now that I know you, this has been the best time of my life and I don't know what I would've done without you."

Tears were threatening to spill.

"I haven't known you for long, but it feels like I've known you for a lifetime. I know so much about you, and you know so much about me."

By now, tears were falling down my face.

"I think I've known for a while, and I think you have too. From the stargazing at 2AM, to right now. I like you. I like you a lot actually. And I hope that you can get up, and say that you like me back. Because that's all I want in life. You in it with me. So please get up. If not for me, then for Adam, you're brother."

 A few tears dripped onto the floor.

"Please." "Please get up."