Chapter 35

Skye

I woke up to the sound of pages ruffling and sniffing.

What?

Where was I?

I tried to remember what happened last night.

After a few pondering moments, I remembered what happened.

I broke down onto Max.

I internally sighed, then sat up.

And there he was.

Max.

It took me a moment to see what he was doing, but my sight was still a bit off.

The sniffling got louder, then I realized it was coming from Max.

Before I could see anything, I started to talk.

"Max, are you oka-" I stopped talking.

My sight had cleared, and I saw what Max was doing.

Max was reading my journal.

"Max, what are you doing? Give it here!"

I quickly got up from bed and reached for the journal, but his pained eyes met mine.

"H-How much did you read?" I asked, some of the pain reaching me.

"Why?" He asked. "Does anyone else know?" His voice broke throughout the question.

I slowly shook my head, knowing exactly what he was talking about.

"S-Skye, I am so sorry."

I closed my eyes, trying not to think of what happened.

"Why did you read it?" I asked, trying to change what I was thinking about.

"I-I saw it on the ground near your bed. It interested me, so I read it."

"You can't tell anyone." I said, tears starting to fall.

I was remembering it now.

The tears were just a drip from the dam, and I was about to flood the city.

"Skye, what else did they do to you?" Max softly asked me, slowly walking towards me.

Suddenly, my breathing stopped as all of the memories came flooding back into my brain.

My eyes shut, as I felt my body hit the floor.

Short chapter, but the next one will be longer, I swear!

Also, another reason this chapter was so short, is because I have a new book out.

Yay?

It's called 'Beginning of the Middle' (cleverly named because they're in middle school) and each chapter is more than 3000 words long! (not a typo!)

Anywho, a lot of time and effort goes into that book, seeing as all the characters are my own!

If you want to be a 'side character' in the new book, you can comment here.

Your character wouldn't show up all the time, but they're definitely going to be in the story.

All I need is your OC (original character) full name, clothing style, appearance, personality (like voice, hyper/chill etc) and that'll do!

Thank you all for reading my books <3

~Del