Chapter 15

More of an informational chapter. But- I updated 2 chapters in 1 day!

Technically it's midnight for me, but whatever.

Skye

Red and I walked into Target.

There was a little food center on the side, and we decided to get food there.

"What do you want?" Red asked.

"Um, I was thinking about getting a hot chocolate and a pretzel. What are you getting?"

"I'm probably gonna get a coffee and some popcorn."

"Awe man, I forgot about popcorn!" I exclaimed.

"Tell you what. You give me half of your pretzel, and I'll give you some popcorn." Red smiled.

"Deal." I smiled back.

Red and I walked up to the front.

"Hello, what would you like today?" The cashier asked.

***

Red grabbed a cart while I took a sip from my hot chocolate

Then, Red asked me a question.

"So, why'd you move out to Washington? Adam told me that you used to live in New York." 

"I did live in New York. But, I moved here a few months ago. Then, something came up, and I moved in with Adam."

"What happened?"

"A tragic end to a beautiful relationship." I said plainly.

There was a small pause, then Red cleared his throat.

"So, when's your birthday?" Red asked.

"I actually don't know." I responded.

Red stopped walking and stared at me.

"What?!" 

I laughed. "Yeah. I was adopted, and my files were corrupted or something, so I don't have a birthday."

"Well, of course you have a birthday. You just don't know it." Red walked back up to me. "Wait. You were adopted?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I got adopted by a nice man who just lost his wife." I took a sip from my drink.

Red raised an eyebrow at me while shoving popcorn in his face.

I almost spit out my drink.

"But, my adoptive father met Adam's mom, and they hit it off. So, Adam is technically step-brother, but we're close." 

Red nodded. "When were you adopted?"

"I was adopted when I was 16."

"Okay, how old are you now?" 

"I'm 20, Red." I smiled.

"How do you know? Since your birthday was corrupted." 

"Well, I know my birthday was in the spring."

"And how do you know that?" 

We both took a left.

"I was put in the orphanage when I was 5. I was old enough to know when my birthday was, but for some reason I can't remember the date." My smile fading.

Red nodded.

"Well, enough about myself. What about you?" I asked. "Did you live someone other than Seattle?"

"I lived in Orange California for a while. But, I moved back here when Adam offered me a job at SkyMedia."

We ended up at the decorations.