«Chapter 18»

«Chapter 18»

«Abigail's POV»

My body ached with pain. My stomach was sore. My face was hot and bruised.

It took great strength to open my eyes and blink. Daryl then came into my tent with a cup in his hand. He smiled weakly at me like he knew my pain. I tried to make the same gesture, but I wasn't able to.

"You're pretty beat up," he teased. "No shit," I sighed. It hurt to breath.

"Here," Daryl said as he handed me the cup. I took it slowly and sat up. "Careful," he acknowledged holding his hands out scared that I would collapse. I rolled my eyes and continued to rise my torso. Pain shot through me. It felt like the bullet hit me in the leg again. "Since I joined this group, I've gotten hurt more than I've had on my own," I scoffed. "Well, shit happens," Daryl smirked quoting what I said the night before.

I poured the warm liquid into my mouth, but didn't recognize the taste. "What is this?" I asked holding up the cup. "It's like an herbal tea. It's supposed to relax the muscles," he shrugged. "Then just give me something to smoke," I smiled. He rolled his eyes and left me to drink the tea.

My body felt heavy as I continued to swallow. I wanted to go back to sleep, but I knew I had to do something with myself today.

I conjured up the strength to stand up. I looked back at where I was laying and saw small blood spots. I ran my fingers through my hair and realized it wasn't pulled up. I grasped the many locks and held the wad behind my head. I usually kept a band around my wrist just in case I lost the other one so I wrapped it around the handful of hair.

I limped out of the tent. Every step was like a punch to the gut. I saw the group in a different place now. We were at the edge of a pond with small trees surrounding us. We only had three tents and I had just emerged from one.

I was scared about what they would say when they saw me. Did I put the attack on them? Was it my fault I put almost everyone in danger because of my actions and recklessness? Will they come back for us?

Carl was talking with another young girl about his age. They laughed and smiled. The girl had light brown hair with freckles spotting her face. Seeing them together made me feel warm inside since Carl was smiling.

I tried to walk normally over to the group that worked around the fire. "Oh, dear," one of the older ladies exclaimed. I smiled slightly at her. Maggie helped me take a seat on one of the foldout chairs. "Daryl never told us who attacked us," she tried to get an answer.

"It was the same people who stabbed me. They must be all related. There was a husband, the wife, and the wife's brother," I explained. "Well, they got you pretty good like always," Maggie scoffed. I smiled and helped with the chores.

||Daryl's POV||

"We need to move. Just to be safe," I tried to convince the council. "Or just keep Abigail safe. If there are more of them, they would want her. We're staying. It's too risky to make all these moves," Glenn said.

"So you're saying that you want to auction her off? When they come with their guns blazing, you think they'll ask for her and leave peacefully. I know these type of people. I've dealt with them before. I have a bounty on my head too. I killed four of their men," I pointed to my chest. "We're gonna be fine. They're probably too scared to come back since every person they sent is dead," Tyreece sighed.

I stormed off at the comment and went take watch. I stared at the tree line for hours then fell asleep.

«The Next Morning»

I heard unfamiliar voices which woke me. I felt something touching me lightly. A dirty blanket was draped over me. I'm sure one of the little girls thought it would be generous.

How To Save a Life (Daryl Dixon FanFiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें