«Chapter 19»

«Chapter 19»

«Daryl's POV»

I sighed heavily wanting to talk about what happened back there. "I'm sure you were being a smartass again," I smirked.

She had her head rested on my back and I felt her warm tears through my shirt. "He's a cannibal, a rapist, and kept his Walker daughter inside his house. We ate humans, Daryl. Real people. I'm sure he feeds the rest to that daughter of his. He had arms in his fridge. He killed Sasha and Tyreece and is probably eating them now," she sobbed. She clenched my stomach tighter as she cried.

I stared at the road until we were far enough from the horrid man. "You know the song 'Brother' by Matt Corby? Well, there's a line it that says 'You were fucked up by the plague'. I think that kind of explains him," she said after a while.

I laughed slightly and concentrated on the road. The cars stopped one after the other and I was at the end. I saw the driver side of the leader car open. Rick stormed out of the truck and started throwing stuff from the bed.

I lept off of the bike and put the kick stand down. Abigail stayed where she was at and watched intensely while I ran to Rick.

"Rick, stop it! What the fuck?" I tried to convince him. "You can't trust anyone anymore! All these bastards fucking all this shit up!" he shouted as he threw tents and chairs out of the back of the truck.

I tackled Rick before he could destroy anymore of our belongings. I pinned his arms and legs down so he couldn't thrash. He stopped his shouting and stared into my eyes. I saw water leak from his eyes.

"I'm tired of losing people, Daryl," he sighed. "I know. It's life now. You just have to accept it," I said before I let off of him. He stood up and I helped him put the objects back in the truck.

He went back to the driver side of the vehicle and got in. I walked up to Abigail and smiled slightly. She tried to make the same expression, but it quickly faded away. "Don't go crazy on me, too," I said as I turned the key.

She silently chuckled and grasped my stomach tightly, again.

«One Month Later»

«Abigail's POV»

Winter was at its worst. We were in the middle of January while clothes and jackets were running low. The struggle to find food was getting harder. Daryl and I were the main ones to search. The plan to move to a new spot was swirling in our head since we had to go far for food.

We had found a small warehouse that served well enough protection and room. The group has been living in it for about a week. The nights were cold and sometimes Mika would come lay with me to stay warm.

The elders were getting sick from the temperature and along with a few adults. Rick had to put down a few which in some cases helped with the food rationing.

Sometimes the adults take a sip of wine when we bring in a deer or enough food to last a while. We are lucky to be alive and to be living, but it doesn't seem that way.

---

Daryl walked a few steps ahead of me. He had his bow pointed to the ground while my stick was in my right hand. Our steps were silent as we crossed the cold, damp leaves.

Then there was a crunch of a twig. Daryl turned to me in case I made the noise. I shook my head to indicate I was quiet.

He raised crossbow higher and looked through the hairs. Walkers emerged from the brush and rushed over to us. I prepared myself to kill yet another cannibal.

Daryl shot one and stabbed another with his knife. I took my oak shards and did my part to rid the threat.

Daryl sighed heavily and ripped the arrow from the rotting corpses head. It was dripping with gore and blood. He pulled back the string and placed the arrow back.