˚₊‧15‧₊˚

˚₊‧Victor Norlander as Jon‧₊˚
˚₊‧✩ଘ✩੭✩‧₊˚

I found myself standing outside of Lucas's room door about fifteen minutes after my confrontation with Trey.

Five o'clock was right around the corner, but there was something I needed to take care of first.

When Lucas answered the door, I started fidgeting. He felt like a stranger to me all over again.

"Casper! You're back. How was the trip home?"

I could tell he was trying hard to keep the awkwardness at bay, but there was no need for that.

"Fine." I cleared my throat. "Can we talk? Just quickly."

"Yeah! Come in." He stepped back to widen the door and allowed me through. Jon was lying on his bed with headphones in. He waved at me enthusiastically, and I sent him a smile.

"Don't worry. Honeybug isn't listening to us. His music is probably burning holes in his eardrums," Lucas explained, laughing.

"Honeybug?"

"Oh." He shrugged sheepishly. "We have nicknames for each other. He likes honey in his tea, and I tease him about it all the time. Um..." He spun around, clearing a mess of papers from his bed. "Sorry, I'm working on that research project from Psych. Here, sit."

I moved closer, occupying one edge of his bed. "Wait, so you got in?"

"Yeah! Did you?"

I blinked, glancing away. "Nope."

"Are you serious?" He dropped the stack of documents onto his desk. "That's crap. We were like the only two interested in it."

"Apparently not. It's okay. Not like I need the extra points."

"True. Anyway, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Casper..."

"Seriously, nothing's wrong. I actually came to thank you."

I watched his eyebrows rise in utter disbelief. "W– I'm confused. Just last week, you hated my guts. For a good reason, of course."

"I don't... I was mad, but I didn't hate you." My eyes shifted to Jon, who was rocking his head side to side, fully immersed in his music. "I had a horrible panic attack last week."

"And you're okay now, right?"

"Yeah, thanks to you. While everyone else was at a loss, you jumped to my rescue. My dad always says people show you who they are during a crisis. You stepped up, and it may seem like nothing but... thank you."

Humbled by my gratitude, he sat down beside me. "It was the least I could do. I tend to have... crises of my own. I'd want someone to do the same for me."

We were silent for a moment. There wasn't much left to say or do but move on.

"Well, I should get going," I said, starting to stand.

"Wait."

I relaxed, looking at him expectantly.

His head tilted. "Remember when you asked me why I felt like I owed Nash?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "You said he helped you with something personal."

"Right. While I'm not ready to share the grisly details... I can tell you that I had an episode like yours. Just... worse." He looked down, ashamed. "Nash was there. He managed to calm me down. Honestly, I think I might've scared him."