˚₊‧2‧₊˚

˚₊‧Matt Trethe as Nash McAvoy‧₊˚

˚₊‧✩ଘ✩੭✩‧₊˚

I'd pondered it before.

This mysterious sexuality of mine.

I spent years writing to a future lover, and for as much emphasis I put in the details, I never pictured their face nor imagined their race. Their sex. Did they fit into the binary or were they genderless? Were they as youthful as I or wiser?

I considered my old crushes, none of whom had ever liked me back. Liam, Noni, and Enriko. Each one broke my heart in their own ways, unbeknownst to them. They were the reasons I buried my stack of letters. I lost hope in love because of them.

Nash's question gave me pause, yet again. If I knew one thing for sure, he was definitely my newest crush. So far, it didn't seem like I was doing much to impress him. I knew it was difficult, but maybe if he got to know me, he'd like me.

˚₊‧✩ଘ✩੭✩‧₊˚

˚₊‧PREVIEW WEEK‧₊˚

Nope. I was an utter failure.

Nash hadn't so much as spared me a thought in days. To be fair, all I did was curl up in bed reading my books and staying quiet as a mouse. The only time he so graciously acknowledged my existence was when he walked in and said that he forgot he even had a roommate.

In other news...

It was Preview Week! According to custom, freshman students spent their first week before classes under orientation. So, each day was a different campus-wide activity. Monday and Tuesday were lesson days. We were taken in groups to lecture halls to learn about the university, what to expect, and how to navigate our schedules. Wednesday—today—was Meet Your Neighbor Day. We'd be having meetings with our Resident Assistants and fellow dorm mates. Thursday was Campus Club Day, and Friday was Recreational Day.

We were expected to participate in each event, but I didn't plan to interact past Tuesday. So, here I was, Wednesday afternoon, lounging in front of the TV like the lazy bum that I was. Nash's laughter drifted through the hall before he waltzed through the door and closed it.

My very handsome yet very obnoxious roommate gave me a once-over, but his attention remained on his phone call. "No, don't worry, babe. We'll meet up later for dinner and you can tell me all about it. Okay... love you. Bye."

Oh. Babe.

He must have had a girlfriend. Of course he did; look at him. He was handsome, popular, and athletic.

I pulled my blanket over my body and snuggled into my pillows, staring at the TV.

"Have you been in here all day?" Oh, wow. Nash acknowledged me again. I looked at him and nodded my head yes.

Somehow, he found it funny enough to crack a smile. "Couldn't be me. But hey, I get it. I'd do the same thing if I didn't have any friends."

I bit the inside of my cheek as he fished out his towel and other shower items, trying not to take offense to literally everything he said to me.

"You know, it's been days and you haven't said a single word to me."

I realized that, but it wasn't on purpose. As much as I wanted to break out of my shell, I was afraid of embarrassing myself with words. I guess I couldn't blame Nash for ignoring me these past few days. I hadn't given him much of a reason to want to talk to me.