˚₊‧11‧₊˚

˚₊‧✩ଘ✩੭✩‧₊˚

The elevator to my floor opened, and I stepped out. The hall lights had been dimmed as they usually were during evening time, but I was sure people were still very much awake. College students loved staying up late, and it was only around seven.

Wow. Had I really spent two hours in David's office?

I moved down the hallway and found my room, opening the door inch by dreadful inch. I braced myself for what I might find, but no one was inside. I sighed in relief. I was too anxious to see Nash right now.

I removed my clothes and changed into my pajama bottoms. My plan was just to go to bed early and sleep the night away. I hooked my phone on the charger. Funny, I hadn't checked it all day.

There were messages from my little brother, informing me about how he needed me to come back and help with chores. It made me smile.

There were a couple messages from Lucas, expressing his concern about my 'sudden disappearance.' He also mentioned that everything that happened today was a huge misunderstanding, but he didn't elaborate.

Huge misunderstanding? I rolled my eyes. My ass.

I hated that a part of me hoped to see at least one message from Nash, but there were none.

The door swung open at that very moment, and a worried face stood before me. My roommate breathed out, his shoulders relaxing as the door fell shut.

"We were worried about you." I could hear the caution in his voice. His eyes gauged my demeanor, trying to find any trace of anger. "You're always so cooped up in here. Kinda seemed off that you were gone the entire day," he chuckled, scratching the back of his head. "But you're back, so... that's all that matters."

Well it wasn't as if I could be cooped up in this room while he made out with his ex, could I? What else was I supposed to do but leave?

"It's all my fault," he continued to speak when he realized that I wasn't going to open my mouth any time soon. "You know, the whole thing with Trey... I shouldn't have put you in that position. That advice you gave me, about finding him in his safe place... it worked. That botanical garden he used to take me to... I found him there."

I didn't care to know any of this. I didn't even want to address what happened earlier.

He caught on. "None of that matters," he said. "But I didn't expect to kiss him. I swear—"

"God, Nash, can we not do this right now? I just want to sleep. Okay?" I mumbled, turning my back to him. I buried myself in the sheets, frustration rising within me.

"Okay," he accepted. "I'm sorry."

He moved toward his own bed, and I forced myself to fall asleep.

˚₊‧✩‧₊˚

I hated communal bathrooms.

They made it impossible to avoid the people I didn't want to speak to or look at.

I was brushing my teeth when Lucas bustled in, carrying his stupid basket of stupid skin care products.

Our eyes met for a split second, and his pace slowed as he approached cautiously. He skipped the sink beside me and occupied the one after it.

"Morning," he greeted diffidently.

I spit out my toothpaste and rinsed my mouth, refusing to answer him. I hoped he would take the hint that I wasn't in the mood, but I knew him better than that. Smart as he was, signs tended to fly right over his head.