˚₊‧12‧₊˚

Gif of David ˚₊‧✩ଘ✩੭✩‧₊˚

Gif of David
˚₊‧✩ଘ✩੭✩‧₊˚

Dear future love,

It's Casper again.

I don't exactly know why I'm still writing these little notes. I let hope trickle in with my room mate and now I can't think clearly. I guess this helps me center my thoughts. Anyway...

October is around the corner, as is my birthday. So much has happened already. One day, I'll tell you every detail. All I know is that I wish I could speed up time, just to know who you are.

But, my love, I know who you aren't. And that's a small comfort.

˚₊‧✩ଘ✩੭✩‧₊˚

WEDNESDAY

"Just a reminder that, in your syllabus, it says you'll all be taking your first test in two weeks," David announced as the class groaned. He couldn't help but laugh at us. "Welcome to college, everyone. My first tests are usually the hardest. Not to worry, next Friday, I'll be hosting a study session in the library starting at 6 pm. I'll stay as long as I need to. Come to it if you wanna pass the exam, and you're free to leave at any time. Any questions?"

"Do we get a review?" a student asked, raising their hand.

"It'll be up after class today. Anything else?" He paused for questions, but none were posed. He looked at me, lighting my blood on fire, and I glanced away. "Alright. Let's move on."

"This is so not fair. He always eye-fucks you and not me," Ava whispered to me.

Yeah, well, it was no walk in the park for me either. I hadn't seen David since I foolishly flirted with him a couple days ago.

Every now and then, I'd cringe whenever I thought of it.

It made me feel a little self-conscious because he did, in fact, pause to look my way every now and then during his lecture. I was distracted and fidgety, and I would run my fingers through my snowy hair. Before I knew it, he dismissed the class, and my notes were completely blank yet again.

"My friends are throwing a party next Friday. Wanna come?" Ava invited, falling into step beside me as we left the teaching theater.

"A party?" I squeaked, nerves coursing through me at the mere idea.

"Yeah. Oh, you have to come! I've known them since I was, like, eleven or twelve. I met them at this snobby ass middle school that I went to in Reno."

I straightened up at that. "Really? I went to one in Reno too. What was it called?"

"Silverwood Middle."

I came to an abrupt stop as my eyebrows flew up. So, I was right! I did know her once. Now I just needed to figure out how. Were we friends once upon a time? I debated asking her, but if she didn't recognize me, I doubted she would have the answers.