˚₊‧5‧₊˚

˚₊‧Matt Bomer as David Larsen‧₊˚

˚₊‧✩ଘ✩੭✩‧₊˚

My alarm woke me up bright and early the following morning. I blindly reached around my bed for my phone, but I ran into a bit of a conundrum.

It definitely wasn't my bed and the warm hand on my stomach was not my phone.

My eyes had never popped open so fast.

I lifted my head. Did I get drunk last night? Oh God. Please tell me I didn't get into bed with a total stranger! This was not how I wanted to lose my virginity!

My eyes adjusted to the blanket of darkness, just enough for me to make out my bedsheets... which were on the other side of the room.

And if they were over there...

Then what the hell was I doing all the way over here? On Nash's twin-sized bed. In his arms!

His steady breathing reached my ears, and my blood went cold. He shifted, turning in his sleep to face the wall.

Holy shit. Ho-ly shit!

I slithered out of his bed and tiptoed to mine, scrambling for my phone the whole way there. I found it in the pocket of my jeans and turned off the obnoxious alarm.

Seeing as all I remembered from last night was gallivanting about the city in search of Nash's ex, I was freaking out. I would definitely have to ask him about this later.

˚₊‧✩‧₊˚

The school library was an imposing 7-storey fortress. It had swiftly become my favorite spot on campus by its sheer size and the amount of books I could surround myself with.

So there I was. Innocently keeping to myself. Looking through books like the little nerd that I was, as Nash would say.

Then, to my right, I spotted a group of students flock to a table where my psychology professor was typing on his laptop. He was as I was—minding his business. Even though he was busy, he allowed them to pester him.

He must have been used to it. And though he was excellent at hiding it, I could feel his exhaustion in waves.

Judging by appearances, I assumed the group was all women. Consequently, their hair-twirling, plunging necklines, and fulgent lipgloss failed to beguile the self-proclaimed gay man.

"So, Dr. Larsen," one said, "do you give tutoring sessions?"

Having opened that door, another girl jumped right in, "Private tutoring sessions, she means."

I saw an atom of discomfort register on his face just before he masked it with a tiny smile.

"The school offers students free tutoring sessions, taught by other students here at the library. Fourth floor to be exact. This is the third floor, so I understand why you're all lost."

I couldn't help but smile behind the book in my hands. Okay, so he was a little petty. I didn't blame him one bit.

"But those are science subjects," one girl whined.

"Yeah. Like chemistry," said another.

I cringed at the way she bit her lip.

Dr. Larsen cleared his throat. "Psychology is science. And if it wasn't, well, tutoring for art subjects is on the fifth floor. If you'll excuse me, ladies... I have some articles to review."

All five of them shared defeated glances. They rose from the table to grant him his wish to be alone. His eyes followed them, grateful they were gone, until they walked past me.