Epilogue

Epilogue

7 years later

I went into a flower shop to pick some flowers. I was on my way to my job but I decided to stop here.

I now work at the finance and well my job is computer-related.

I paid the flowers I bought and I returned to my car. I wanted to pay him a visit.

The radio's genre today was a mellow song. I turned the volume high, its nice to have this kind of song in this kind of day. It was the month of January and it was raining. The skies seemed in their sorrow and hollow state when it rains.

The clouds are too close to each other, its as if they had seen and touch each other again that was why they couldn't help but cry.

The sky crying because of happiness or crying because of grief. I couldn't seem to choose.

I parked my car and grabbed my umbrella. I went over to the tombstone that engraved his name and laid down the flowers.

Keon Martinez

"How are you? It's been years. Many things had happened. I've visited my sister and parents grave last month and now you. Your sister is okay and also your mom. She had stopped her job and took care of your sister. She's 11 now. Going to be a teenager. I will look after them always, for you. And well me, I'm pregnant with my second child. Maybe I'll name him Keon since Raylen will name his kid Vina. His wife is 7 months pregnant now and I'm still 3 months. He said he wanted the story of Keon and Vina to continue. I just laughed at his suggestion. Cvan and I are okay and very happy. I hope you are too there. Take care always."

I took a last glimpse on his tomb as I walked over to my car. I needed to go home now. I'm pretty sure Cvan and Sophia didn't eat yet.

When I was on my way, my phone ringed furiously.

I picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hon where are you? Didn't I tell you I should be the one driving? What if something happened to you? To the baby?" Cvan said worriedly.

"I'm okay. Don't worry. I'll be there in few minutes."

"Okay but give me the keys. I won't let you touch that again." He dropped the call and I groaned.

Such worried husband he is.

After he survived the coma, I felt like the thorns in my heart suddenly slipped away. I was given a reason to live again. To look forward to the days that would come.

I started attending class again. They were about to drop me but I beg my professor to give me one more chance. I told him I was willing to attend extra classes and he agreed on my condition.

Cvan remained in the hospital but there were no days that I would skip visiting him. Even if I was dead tired, I tried every possible way to see him.

Isn't that love is all about? Everything has its way if you deem it important.

There was one time I fell asleep on the chair beside his bed and the next morning I was laying down beside him. He was wrapping me on his arms, his head snuggled on my neck. I felt giddy and happy but I heard him hissing in pain. Turns out he carried me to his bed and his wound stretched so he stayed longer again in hospital.

The moment he healed fully, he started looking for work and it wasn't a suprise to me he found one right away since he was a pro in coding. He started as a low-income employer and after 2 years he became the supervisor. He never mentioned to his co-mates his past job.

It would make them faint.

I giggled. Maybe my co-mates too.

I found a job too after my university and it paid well enough. My current job now is still more ideal for me. Mine and Cvan's jobs are different though. I do not know anything about codings.

When I turned 26, he was 28, we got married and at that time, I was the happiest girl alive.

We had our baby girl Sophia, two years ago and our baby Keon is expected this year, me being 29.

Raynie pursue her career as a psychologist and a writer. She seemed happy now. She is currently single but I remember her telling me a guy was pissing her off but I saw a glint of delight on her eyes.

Raylen surprisingly settled down. He was expecting his baby girl in two months. His wife was a very gentle woman, she looked like she was too fragile and frail, very different from me who was, well, never mind.

Trace was traveling the world with Jefa and their son Travis who was five years old. Jefa though still maintained her body and was still a model. They got married as well.

Uncle Ramon returned as a normal citizen of the country. It was peaceful (thank god) even after his reign.

I grabbed my keys and was about to open the door when Cvan had opened the door for me, Sophia on his arms.

"Mommyy!" Sophia's small voice greeted me.

Cvan gave me Sophia as she wrapped his fragile arms around mine.

"You have been to Keon's?" He asked.

"Yes,"

"Why didn't you tell me? I could've come with you,"

"You were sleeping peacefully with Sophia. I didn't want to disturb the both of you,"

"Hon, I still don't want you doing things recklessly. I want you stable and safe." His worried nature surfacing again.

"I'm okay really,"

"Mommy cookie!" Sophia said gleefully.

We both turned to her and her puffy cheeks made the both of us kissed her.

The past that have long been finished was something forever ingrained in me. Something that shaped me as to who I am now.

It had shaped all of us.

The hardships that tested me made me want to bang my head and run but I realized to confront it was the courage I've long had.

The thing I will forever remember was what my sister had told me.

"Because all in the end, everything has its own purpose. Trust in that."

And that purpose will soon come to all of us with its arms stretched wide.

The End.

-

24/01/2017