Chapter 35: Truth

Chapter 35: Truth

Blurred lights.

The world seemed to turn. The white color wrapping me as I felt like I am in elysium on how white my surroundings were.

Noises, Voices.

Apparently not. I'm still in the world of living.

I tried to get up but my back felt like it carried ten bricks on how heavy it was. So I settled into the bed once again.

All I could remember was the guards of the president came when the bomb detonated.

Guards always comes late in stories, sadly mine as well.

They brought ambulance and I was left half-conscious on how strong the impact the bomb had on me.

Trace was unconscious though. How did he even get there? Ah yeah I remember. He knows the president since he was close to my family. Of course he'd be there. But I didn't notice him the first time, such talent he has.

I let sleep take over me the moment the ambulance door closed.

And now here I am. Finally awake. But still in bed on how sore my body was.

The doctor then, came. He told me I still have days to stay here. My body was still not on the condition to move carelessly. I nodded as I knew it was for the best to follow him.

I settled on my bed again. I wanted to see everyone. I wanted to know what happened to Keon's body. I wanted to know how Cvan was.

I abruptly rose on my bed. I hissed as the pain shot on my body. Fvck this!

It wasn't for the best to follow the doctor. I want to see Cvan! Everyone!

And so even if my body was hurting pretty bad, I forcefully went out of the bed but before I could even take my steps, Trace stood in front of me.

Wait, what? Stood?

I looked up. What the fvck?! Why was he standing?

"What?!" I said,surprised

He had a childish grin on his face.

"Surprise ain't yeah?" He winked.

"Hell yeah!" I yelled.

"Of course you are. Now go back to your bed and I will tell you everything."

I glared at him as he had a mischief look on his eyes. I sighed and gave in. I went back to my bed and settled in.

"Where is Cvan? Is he okay? Is he alive? Why are you standing? Why did you recovered so fast? Where are the twins? What happened to Keon's body? Where is the president?" I asked all at once, out of breath.

"Woah! That's a lot lady." He raised his hand in a surrender manner.

"Trace, tell me. Now." I said in a stucco.

He rolled his eyes. "First Cvan is alive. Second, I didn't get hit by the bomb that much but you did and I am walking now because I had my therapy for a year now and here I am, I can walk." He said proudly. "Third, the twins are okay now. They are awake now but still in bed for recovery. Fourth, Keon well, his friends took his body and buried him yesterday. And fifth, the president is still in hospital but will be discharge today." He explained.

"The media is surrounding him and well I gave him the USB," he shrugged.

My eyes snapped at him. "What, you know about the USB?"

"Well yes. Vina did mention it to me before and I just knew you had it in you so I gave it to the president. He didn't tell anything to the media since he said if he would then maybe the media wouldn't stop bothering you and Cvan."

I stared outside the window.

"You know so much and yet you didn't tell me everything." I grumbled.

"What's fun in that?" He scorned.

I rolled my eyes. Such best friend he was.

"Why were you even in that room?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I was visiting the president then the next thing that happened, he was taken by those two. I was at the toilet at that time so that's why I wasn't taken. Then when I was about to go outside, I heard your voice. Then I heard you were in trouble so even though I am not good in shooting people, I tried to protect you."

I smiled. Friends are people we should never let go of.

"Thank you."

He smiled back. "No need of that. I would always do that as your best friend."

The door creaked as the president entered the room.

Trace approached him and bowed a little as a respect.

"Trace, Jina. It's nice to meet the both of you again."

I smiled. "Uncle Ramon."

"You remember now? Trace mentioned to me you lost your memory?" He went to the chair beside me and sat.

"Yes I did. I remember everything now though. How are you uncle? You seemed okay now after the explosion,"

"Well my body still hurts but I have many things to do so I can't let this pain interfere with my service to the country," He smiled, his aging evident on his skin.

"I am just here to tell you I miss your parents. Your father, who was my brother was supposed to be the president as I was the vice back then and Thomas was the secretary but your father was assassinated together with your mother. So I took his place. I didn't think Thomas could do that. Assassinate your parents. He was really very hungry for power." I heard the disappointment on his voice.

"Then your sister," he continued. "She told me she wanted to be an assassin to look for the killer of your parents and one day when she approached me and told me she knows who, I was amazed on how determined she was but then she had told me the information had brought her a death penalty. She knew too that after her death many would hunt you because of the information so she wanted to make it look like you were dead so you could live a peaceful life for a while and she succeeded. Smart kid she is." He said, a proud look on his face.

"Your friends have protected you that's why they haven't told you anything and I was waiting too for you to come back." A sincere look on his eyes.

A question popped on my head.

"What's in the USB?" I asked curiously.

It took time for him to answer. "Well, it's something very confidential. It's about the country. Thomas supposed-to-be plans. Many things I couldn't really talk about." He waved his hand dismissively.

I didn't pressed further. He stood up "Get well my niece. You have done well. Your family would be proud of you. I will be here if ever you need me." He pat my head as he made his way to the door.

I transferred my gaze at Trace who was busy with his phone. He felt my stares as he looked at me back.

"Jina..."

"What?" I looked at him weirdly.

"I forgot to tell you. Cvan is in coma."

My heart stopped.

-
23/01/2017