Chapter 3: Nape

Chapter 3: Nape

I haven't been really bothered by anything for a year now. If there was someone or something that was trying to disturb my composed and unruffled demeanor, they would give up later on seeing that they had failed to bring back my basic human emotions.

I remember almost being stabbed by an unknown man. He was clutching my neck pretty bad. He started to raise his hand through the folds of my shirt and I could feel his hand on my skin. He was threatening me, saying that it wasn't part of his job to rape me but then he said since I was hot, he would and he would just kill me after. I could feel the knife dug into the skin of my neck. He was snickering like a mad man and I was just there looking at him with blank eyes.

"Aren't you gonna shout baby?" he whispered sickly.

I started to think on his question. What should I feel in this kind of situation? I think a normal person would feel afraid. They would shout with lips quivering, pleading for their life. But that wasn't what I was feeling back then. I felt nothing. I couldn't feel any fear creeping in me. It was just a plain empty emotion.

If that was even called an emotion.

He started to rip my clothes but before he even get to touch me, I kneed him causing him to groan with pain. I stood up and I kicked him hard. I pushed him and I grab the knife in his hand, slipping it on the pockets of my jacket.

I started walking to my house. I left the man growling at me saying that he would come back for me someday. I shrugged him off. Maybe by that time, I would need extra protection for myself. Maybe if I get fat, he wouldn't rape me right? Ah, but still he would kill me.

Why was he even eager to kill me? Why are people acting so strange around me? or maybe I was just outdated of what was the modern in this generation.

I came home from class. I was now eating the cookies I bought. Raynie once mentioned to me if I have snapchat and I looked at her quizzically because I have no idea what snapchat does. I do have facebook but I wasn't the type of person who would post every movement I do. And besides, I am not the extrovert type like them.

I started doing the essays given to me again. I was busy typing on my laptop when there was a knock on my door. That wasn't Raylen or Raynie. Those two would normally bang on my door or even barge in. I opened the door and there he was again standing in front of me with a smile on his face.

"Hi." He smiled.

"What are you doing here?"

"Bothering you? Can I come in?" He said and I could see delight on his eyes.

I let him in and I went back to my laptop.

"You're not even gonna entertain me? Like what people would normally do to guests?" he asked, rolling his eyes.

"I'm busy. Just go to the kitchen." I said, not even looking at him.

I saw him raising his hand, like he couldn't even believe my gesture. He started searching through my refrigerator and I saw him take out the lasagna I made. He uttered something like "i miss this" and he started diving in to my lasagna.

I continued typing and I was so concentrated on my essay that I didn't feel his presence 'till I felt him trace his fingers unto the nape of my neck. I looked at him and he was wearing a stoic expression, an unreadable one. He started to walk to my door.

"Bye, I'll see you tomorrow." and I was left, touching the nape of my neck, wondering what he just did.